Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tdrumnut View Post
    This bloke has done exactly what I would love to do, but could never affort to do. It may look all pretty for the photos but with all that quality gear I would imagine some fine woodwork being produced in that workshop. It certainly beats wasting money on a Ferrari, Lambourgini, private jet, 100ft launch or such.
    My problem is I like all the above so sacrifices have to be made. Fast cars and boats are never a waste of money.
    CHRIS

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

That's not a workshop, this is a workshop. Don't forget to watch the second part...

Laguna Tools - Dust Free Tymes Designer Wood Shop Part 1 - YouTube
    CHRIS

Now that a workers wood shop I would like to have something half as good
    vapourforge.com

Great video CP ... I suggested it to the video section.
    Paul

Mobyturns is offline In An Instant Your Life Can Change Forever

Don't know anything about the man but it looks like a "wannabe" wood workers shop to me in its current state. It may have all the gimmicks and tools but not one machine, tool, router bit or clamp shows any sign of use or wear on first inspection. Must be all brand spanking new! Where are all the treasured favourite hand tools, the hand me downs ..... the items "real" wood workers prize highly???

As others have pointed out some serious layout issues, lathe near stairs, fridge & TV should be in planning room, lathe & clamp stand swapped, and buggar all timber storage????

Is it a nice shop & would I take it off his hands - hell yeah!

We need to get him to become a member and expand on why he did what he did to his work space. It is always good to have a different perspective.

Why does everyone freak out if someone's shop is clean and organized. I pick up mine every day. It's kinda like those of us who make more organizers than actual projects. Who cares. It's pretty sweet in my book

I agree. Why waste time looking for something when simply keeping the shed tidy means you know where it is. It doesn't have to be spit and polish tidy as some are but if that's what floats your boat then so be it. It seems that having a messy shed means that you are busy doing stuff but I have yet to see that proven. Usually it means that crap has accumulated over time and no attempt has been made to clean up. I will now retreat to the bomb shelter.
    CHRIS

Quote Originally Posted by Soredust View Post
    I dunno, horses for courses I think. If you love WW then you would see this as money well spent, but if you are not "handy" and love cars, boats etc, I would hardly call them a waste". I do agree with the "that's what I would do" bit. Fancy not only having an amazing workshop, but an amazing view from that workshop. Only problem with that though, for me, SWMBO loves "views", I would be forced to have a second stool and that would contravene the Shed Code of Practice - 5.3. Seating. There shall be only one stool or chair in the shed; that's all a bloke needs to ponder the whichness of the why... his mates will quite happily perch on a bench or convenient wood pile to finish their brew. Provision of more than one seat practically guarantees an audience of the fairer sex.

There was a bloke who won a million pounds in the UK, he joked "I'm going to spend half on wine, women and song, the rest I'm going to waste"
    It's only wasted if you don't enjoy it.
    Hugh

Enough is enough, more than enough is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy767 View Post
    Why does everyone freak out if someone's shop is clean and organized. I pick up mine every day. It's kinda like those of us who make more organizers than actual projects. Who cares. It's pretty sweet in my book
    I agree. It's rather insulting to be told that your workshop is too clean or organised by those that are slobs in their workshop. The worst comment is that it's like an operating theater.

It's why I stopped posting photos of my workshop reorganization and rebuild that I'm currently doing.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    I agree. It's rather insulting to be told that your workshop is too clean or organised by those that are slobs in their workshop. The worst comment is that it's like an operating theater.

It's why I stopped posting photos of my workshop reorganization and rebuild that I'm currently doing.

Peter.
    I don't care how clean it is. I like any workshop from either extreme

...It's why I stopped posting photos of my workshop reorganization and rebuild that I'm currently doing.....

And to stop posting who does that benefit? I am sorry but the beauty of the forum is to find out what people think. Like going to a demo but via the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    And to stop posting who does that benefit? I am sorry but the beauty of the forum is to find out what people think. Like going to a demo but via the internet.
    Well Christos, if a post or posts attract ridicule I would stop posting too. It certainly wouldn't benefit the poster to be ridiculed.

I agree with Peter, it seems ridiculous that certain people have this need to ridicule and/or attack people that run a clean, tidy and organised workshop.

The general tone of this thread only reinforces that view.

The worst comment is that it's like an operating theater.
    I don't see the problem ... my garage looks like an operating theatre

... discarded sheets ... metal instruments ... chaos ... blood on the floor ... you've seen M.A.S.H

Paul

There are people that will ridicule anything that is different to their interests. If I mention at work that I like drinking Crown Lager, one of the young blokes will ridicule me or the beer "that's cat pi$$", or if I say I enjoy woodwork.."that's an old mans hobby", or I drive a Holden....you get the gist.

I must admit, when I was younger I would have a dig at my old man because of his interest in trains, but as you get older and you ponder, you relise no one is right or wrong. Whatever you do for a pastime or even your views on life (we won't go there though) if they keep the black dog at bay, it's a job done, cue song...."Whatever gets you through the night, it's alright...." And that is it in a nutshell, if this guy loves having a workshop that is pristine, regardless of whether he uses it or not, if that makes him happy and gives him enjoyment, he has achieved his goal. It amazes me how some people think there way is the only way to live life and anything that doesn't align with their views is therefore inferior.
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast