New update... Yay!

Okay, so I've sat on the neck for a while and didn't end up getting over to woodnyou. My patience got the better of me and I did a partial cut with the table saw and then used the handsaw to cut the rest. I finished it off with my handplane then glued up the neck. No photos unfortunately. I know what you're thinking, he hacked it and didn't want the results. Well, it turned out okay. Not the best but I'm happy with the results for now.

Anyway, on to the veneer for the headstock. I had a little time this afternoon so I decided to work on these.

These are the left over sides from the body blank. I kept them for the gluing cauls and I want to now remove the drop top from them and prepare them for the headstock veneer. The trick is... I don't have a bandsaw. Not a problem!

Step 1: Place your stock in the vice on a 45° angle and use a chisel to cut a notch for your sawing start point.

Step 2: Cut along the stock until you reach the back corner.

Step 3: Flip the stock around and repeat steps 1& 2.

Step 4: Stack the stock vertically and saw down to your angled saw progress.

Step 5: Repeat steps 1 - 4 until you reach the kerf from steps 1 - 4.

And once you have completed your cut, open the pieces to see how well you did.

And the second piece.

Then I planed the remaining mahogany off the maple.

Leaving me this.

This took about 30 mins in total to do. I still have to get the right thickness for the maple but that'll take 10 mins max and I'll do the glue up.

Denim.