Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question Hafco 8" Jointer & 12" Cabinet Saw

Thinking of purchasing a Hafco 8" Jointer(P200H, 2H) & 12" Cabinet Saw(ST-12H, 3Hp)both 240v.

Can anyone share their experience with these products ?? And service/spareparts ??

Basically, I'm a weekend warrior woodworker looking to balance price vs quality. Around $4K to spend. Looked at Jet, Delta, Timbercon & Carbatec offerings

Hafco seem to sell 5-10 of each per month & hardly any are returned & I've not seen any advertised in the TradingPost for months.

Any comments much appreciated. Cheers

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Either avoid Hafco products like the plague or everyone who's purchased them is happy with their performance & price.....

I'll leave this thread for another 2 weeks. If no replies I'll delete.

Cheers !

Pantherx, since you're in Sydney, go visit Major Woodworking Machinery and take a look at what they have. I picked up a new dust extractor from them just before Xmas and was quite impressed by a couple of different table saws they had, and their range of jointers. They carry both Jet, several other good brands and a range of nice quality Taiwanese gear.

In particular they have new Taiwanese 10" & 12" cabinet saws in stock now that look good.

Hafco gear never really impresses me - it's cheap(ish), but it shows.
    The Australian Woodworkers Database - over 3,500 Aussie Woods listed: http://www.aussiewoods.info/
    My Site: http://www.aussiewoods.info/darryl/