Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    Dalboy, Frank, 'like' buttoneers,
    No not me gov

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Dalboy View Post
    No not me gov
    Worry not Dalboy.........it only refers to those who use the 'like' button instead of posting a reply....

It's just shorthand for good work......I think.....

Anyway, it is an easy way to acknowledge that you have visited a post.......

Cheers,

Jim

Just wanted to report that I am making progress.......have finished the wings but decided there were enough pictures of wings already posted.

Have been working on the tail wing. Pictures next time.

Note: On my edition of the Camel, the ribs for the tail wing were too long to fit in the casting....by enough of a margin that I concluded that either the casting is the wrong size or the laser cut ribs are incorrect. Am waiting for a response from Model Airways.

But, not being confident of the outcome, I decided to sand down the ribs to fit the casting instead of cutting the casting to fit the ribs. Future pictures will be more descriptive....
    Also, the rear aileron casting was broken....decided just to glue it back together as well.

And so it goes.......

Cheers,

Jim

Looking forward to the tail parts as and when you manage to get some photo's also appreciate a picture of the completed wings even though you have taken plenty through the build..

Worry not Dalboy.........it only refers to those who use the 'like' button instead of posting a reply....

Cheers,

Jim
    I knew what you meant just having a laugh.

Have given you another Like

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Cheers,

Jim
    G'Day Jim, Yes,
    I use the "like button" to show the builder/poster that I've read the post and yes like what I've read and seen, as sometimes I don't know what to say or how to say something.

I remember what a teacher used to say to the class i was a student, in the 1960's...
    "It's best to keep one's mouth shut and thought a fool; rather than open it, letting everyone know you are"........

Plus my mum used to say...
    "If you can't say something nice or good, be quiet".....

Just thinking on this, maybe neither of what I have written is very relevant to your beaut plane build.
    Thank you for all the extra time and effort to write the notes, take all the photos and share them with us..
    Cheers, crowie

Thanks Dalboy, Crowie.....
    I think I knew you were kidding, Dalboy, but in today's world, ya never know for sure..

I'll do some wing pics with the next lot.....

Crowie,

I remember missing an assignment and having a teacher ask me if I was lazy or dumb? I told her lazy because I figured that can be cured!

Cheers,

Jim

Okay, this will be the last wing pictures until final assembly......

They are complete as far as possible....next step after assembly will be to weave the control cables......that should be interesting...

I have not heard from Model Airways either about a missing part or the sizing of the tail casting. Kind of disappointing......

Note: I use tiny inventory tags to keep track of laser cut parts....will show a picture in my next post.

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2944.jpgIMG_2945.jpgIMG_2946.jpgIMG_2947.jpgIMG_2948.jpg

Thank you for the pictures of the wings. The tail section looks great considering the problems you had with it

Looks great Jim.

I'm surprised you haven't heard back from ME on the missing part yet - I thought they were usually very good with this sort of thing. Noting the changes happening there, it might be worth an email direct to Marc Mosco to prompt some action - he seems intent on getting things back on track there.

Cheers,
    Grant

Quote Originally Posted by gjdale View Post
    Looks great Jim.

I'm surprised you haven't heard back from ME on the missing part yet - I thought they were usually very good with this sort of thing. Noting the changes happening there, it might be worth an email direct to Marc Mosco to prompt some action - he seems intent on getting things back on track there.

Cheers,
    Grant
    Grant,

You were correct....as soon as I sent an e-mail to Mark, I got a response from his service guy explaining that they had sent the part but it got stuck at the Miami post office.... It arrived 3 days later. It is a shame that he has to get involved in such trivia. I hope he finds some service folks that will respond without the need for his intervention.

On to the build....

Below are pics of the wood parts tray for the fuselage as well as the jig and fuselage sides.

Note: The diagonal mount laser cut parts CAF04 are supposed to be mounted to align on each side. It may be me but I could not make mirror image symmetry without a bunch of cutting and sanding. Since they are mirror image parts and not bilaterally symmetrical they are wrong in the kit....in my opinion...

Have finished the fuselage sides and am building the jig for the next step. I've also added the turnbuckle mounts and will show them with the next set of pics.

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2949.jpgIMG_2951.jpgIMG_2952.jpgIMG_2953.jpgIMG_2954.jpgIMG_2956.jpg

Glad to hear your missing parts got sorted out Jim. And thanks for the heads-up on the mirror image issue. Progress looks good.

Cheers,
    Grant

The visitor invasion is over........so back to the Camel.

It appears that I am getting very close to completing all the woodwork except for final assembly. I hope it's okay that this is about to become a britannia metal fitting, cabling, assembly project.

In fact, the provided piece of 1/16" for the horizontal formers was not quite enough so I had to laminate a couple 1/32" x 1/16" flats to make the last former. Perhaps my measurements were off but it worked out okay.

Pics of the fuselage still needing some lower supports and those peaky diagonal engine mount braces. I'll do those last before starting on the engine mount and plumbing...

Cheers,

Jim

IMG_2958.jpgIMG_2959.jpgIMG_2960.jpgIMG_2961.jpgIMG_2962.jpg

Thumbs up

Looking good Jim!!

You must feel some relief doing the fuselage as it seems far less
    exacting a piece to build.

Keep it coming!!

It looks pretty exacting to me and you seem to be doing a very precise job. Good work Jim.
    Cheers Frank.

Thanks for stopping by, artme, elderly....always good to know someone is watching.

I shellacked the fuselage and am now working on the engine mount, tanks, plumbing and such.
    Note... The parts are packed in small, clear bags and numbered ... But the numbers do not appear to have any connection to the kit? I note Japanese or Chinese symbols on some of the bags...
    Anyway, even though there seems to be some effort to have the bags represent the necessary parts for particular stages they are only partly correct. I've had to search thru all of them to find needed parts.
    There is a requirement to drill #69 holes in many parts for the plumbing. I've found that using a sharp steel pick works much better on the britannia metal.

This continues to be an interesting build. A lot of cabling, plumbing and wiring to do as well as the structural final assembly.

Stay tuned....pics to follow!

Cheers,

jim