Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Getting old

Default Getting old

I wasn't sure where to post this or whether I should. I turned 76 two weeks ago and it prompted me to think about my health and how active I was. It was easy. No where near what I was 10 years ago. I then thought about the advances in modern medicine. I have beaten prostate cancer during this time and that I was on my way to becoming another $6m dollar man. I've at least passed the $60,000 mark. This is made up with a pace maker in 2006, a full knee replacement in 2011 & the second in 2012, hearing aids in 2010 and artificial lenses in both eyes as a result of cataracts in 2008. ( I now don't need glasses to drive or watch the TV.) Gave up selling the Paulownia before I had the second knee done and was lucky I did as I had a lot of setbacks with this one and it still isn't as good as the first. I don't know what is next but I feel OK except now I can't get as much done as I used to and I'm slow to start tasks in the morning. Once I get going it's OK

I'm not complaining I just realized I ain't the man I used to be in a number of ways. Getting old is not fun.

Whitewood

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Getting old may be not always fun, but it sure beats the alternative.
    Regards
    Hugh

Enough is enough, more than enough is too much.

Default old age

Yes A Duke getting old is much better than being on the wrong side of the turf but but it isn't as much fun as being young and in good health.

Whitewood