Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Smile If you own a Bosch GSR 12v

Hi all.

If you own a blue Bosch GSR 12v with the O-pack type batteries (the newer, squat shape) then I have discovered a good way to secure some cheap back-up / replacement batteries.

Mitre 10 had a sale last weekend inc. the green Bosch PSR 1200 with 2 batts for $89.

Here's what I figure...

New batteries for a blue Bosch 12v cost over $100 ea. The batteries from the PSR 1200 fit my blue Bosch. Simple maths... 2 new batts and a rough-and-ready back-up drill for less than $90. Value.

I wasn't able to make the weekend sale, but I waltzed into my local Mitre 10 today (Peakhurst, NSW), and the guy still let me have one at the sale price! Batteries fit and work FINE. They're only 1.2 A/h, but I think the original on blue Bosch is only 1.3 or 1.5 A/h.

You do the math and tell me if it makes sense to jump at an opportunity like this. If you think it's a good deal, try your local Mitre 10 ASAP and see if they'll give you some grace. Otherwise you might be paying the normal price again of $99.00 (shock horror).

Regards -- hope this helps someone.
    Green Woodchips

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly) that the same might apply to Bosch's other cheaper Malaysian drills, like the 14.4v and the 9.6v. As I said above, I know that the 12v batteries from this cheaper line fit in my blue GSR... it might also apply to the VE-2 green series as well... I'm not sure, but would be interested to know if it yields any results for anyone.

Incidentally, I tried out that little Malaysian PSR 1200 last night, and, while it has a 'crunchy'-feeling trigger, it certainly has plenty of clout -- not much less than my GSR from what I can tell, and a lot more, dare I say, than an 18 volt GMC I once bought for a similar price. But we won't enter into that discussion here...