Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Does anyone know if?

G'day i'm trying to find out if this bloke is still trading " Tools from Japan, Japanese woodworking tools direct from Japan. ", l have sent a couple of emails and opened an account, but so far nothing!

Is he sick, not back from holidays etc (his site said back on the 5th-Jan-2014) its frustrating when l don't know where to start.

If he has stopped trading,where else can l get sharp tough japanese chisels? l need then for Jarrah, sheoak, blackwood and Tassie oak/stringbark and some black wattle.

Mainly dovetails, his prices seem quite reasonable, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Stevo

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Not enough!! View Post

If he has stopped trading,where else can l get sharp tough japanese chisels? l need then for Jarrah, sheoak, blackwood and Tassie oak/stringbark and some black wattle.
    Purchasing from So-san is for the patient. He offers a bespoked English speaking service for the high end J-tool user. You will receive his full attention when he gets down to you on his waiting list.

If you can't wait for whenever that will be, visit Tools from Japan. Stu-san at TFJ is the reverse of So-san, So-san is Japanese living in Australia and importing tools from Japan, while Stu-san is an Australian living in Japan and exporting tools from there. Both offer a first rate service, each in their own way. Stu's will be a more immediate service.

You might like to explore some semi-HSS chisels with Stu if you are into some harder abrasive woods like Sheoak and Jarrah. He can advise you if that is a good option for you.

Neil

He is a good bloke to purchase from, and I'm sure he'll be back soon.
    I emailed a question to him just prior to Xmas and he said that he was flat out... maybe he needed a bigger holiday to get over the rush.

Neil - Its Stu that is away at the mo.
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Default cheers

Neil, its "Stu" l opened an account with - those HSS chisels sound excellent, l just need to be more patient with my waiting perhaps.

So thanks to both of you for replying.

Stevo