Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Not exactly a shed.

My renewed energy since the brain drain has seen me set up a section under the house
    for storing all my garden gear - mowers, blower, whipper snipper and other items.

My son Thomas has been a great help and we might even get to post some photos in
    the near future. I need to concrete the floor but my present impecunious state of
    affairs prevents this.

This storage area will free up valuable floor space in the shed and give me a better go at
    sorting it out properly.

After all that I might be game enough to tackle a couple of projects that have been on the
    backburner for too long.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by artme View Post
    My renewed energy since the brain drain has seen me set up a section under the house
    for storing all my garden gear - mowers, blower, whipper snipper and other items.

My son Thomas has been a great help and we might even get to post some photos in
    the near future. I need to concrete the floor but my present impecunious state of
    affairs prevents this.

This storage area will free up valuable floor space in the shed and give me a better go at
    sorting it out properly.

After all that I might be game enough to tackle a couple of projects that have been on the
    backburner for too long.
    That's great to hear, looking forward to see you back in the shed.

You might not need to concrete that section under the house as it's only for garden tools, when I built a garden shed for all my garden tools and remodeled the old chook shed into a wood store I left it with Lilydale toppings, something similar to crushed rocks and I don't have a problem. Shoveled in, leveled with a rake and then rolled with a lawn roller. Nice and simple. May be something to look into.

Peter.

Thumbs up

Good suggestion Peter.

The soil here is extremely dry at the moment and simply crumbles to a fine powder so your solution
    might be a little problematic but I will have a good look at the situation tomorrow. Perhaps a damping
    down of the soil and som e compaction will help.

There is a section under the laundry that has gravel on it. I think this may have been put there because
    of a water problem - water running under the house and hitting the concrete pad that is the carport floor
    and extends to level with the side of the house. The HWS sits on this and there is also a clothesline anchored
    to the house. The concrete give a clean standing zone for hanging clothes.

In fact I want to use this area to store my trailer, so more gravel is in order there.

I have used pallets in the same situation as it lifts the floor level away from the dirt. You can put sheet flooring material like old plywood over them to help if need be.
    CHRIS

I currently have quite a bit stored under the house on pallets and tin hat roof batten lengths.

I have considered this as a permanent solution but still prefer the concrete, money permitting.

Did nothing there today as I have had sciatica in my left leg for almost a fortnight!!
    I've had three visits to a chiropractor and one massage treatment. It's still painful and I'm
    blowed if I know what I will do if the bone cracker can't relieve th situation satisfactorily
    tomorrow.