Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Resawing Swamp Ash

I'm I'm desperate need of someone to resaw some swamp ash for me. A client wants a thinline tele and I need a 32mm core and a 8mm top. The blank I'm getting is 45mm but I have no way of resawing it. Ideally I don't want to have to buy two blanks for this. Any advice where I could get this done?

Sent from your mums house

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

How big a piece of swamp ash are we talking about here?
    <style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line- 120%; }</style> Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Abert_Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by walcen View Post
    How big a piece of swamp ash are we talking about here?
    Standard body blank. I've decided that the 45mm won't get me what I need so I'm having to use two blanks. The first I need thicknesses to 36mm, the other 45mm blank I only need a 6mm top out of it. I figured I'd try get it reason and thicknesses to get a 20mm carve top and two 6mm drop tops. Just need to find someone who can do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by floody_85 View Post
    Standard body blank. I've decided that the 45mm won't get me what I need so I'm having to use two blanks. The first I need thicknesses to 36mm, the other 45mm blank I only need a 6mm top out of it. I figured I'd try get it reason and thicknesses to get a 20mm carve top and two 6mm drop tops. Just need to find someone who can do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hey floody, what I meant was, what's the issue with re-sawing it? Is the slab too wide for your band saw?
    <style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line- 120%; }</style> Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Abert_Einstein.

Nah size wise it will work, it's probably more user issues Lol. I'm not too good at tuning them and really can't get anything that resembles a straight cut when resawing

Quote Originally Posted by floody_85 View Post
    Nah size wise it will work, it's probably more user issues Lol. I'm not too good at tuning them and really can't get anything that resembles a straight cut when resawing
    You could try giving Fletch123 a pm if he's not too busy, he's real good at that sorta stuff and he's not all that far from you, or he might tell ya to bugger off but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by walcen View Post
    You could try giving Fletch123 a pm if he's not too busy, he's real good at that sorta stuff and he's not all that far from you, or he might tell ya to bugger off but you never know.
    I'll keep him in mind. Thanks Wal. I've found a place in ingleburn that might be able to help me

Floody if you lived on the Central Coast i would do it for you. On another note check out Highland Woodworking, their 8 step band saw tune-up article is as good as any.

Steve