Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs up

I guess NF's spokes are that shape because they look good and that is what NF was capable of producing.

If our pernickety critic is on about true accuracy because this is placed in the scale model section then
    he must have a lot of time on his hands.

I suggest he quits this dog with a bone attitude and take a walk.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

mardtrp

How about you put up or shut up!

Put a picture(s) on here of a spoked wheel(s) you have made that are accurate to the time or era along with proof that you made them and didn't just plagiarise someone elses photo(s).

If you can't do that then shut up and stop picking on others, matter of fact even if you can do that shutup and stop picking on others and their work.

Neil

and to add to that, even after NF stated his age and that he has no feeling in the tips of his fingers, you had the gall to keep having a go at him and denigrate his work and skills and probably one of the few enjoyments that he has in life. It is not going to diminish the fact that a lot of us do admire and applaud his work, skills and enjoyment he brings to others.
    The person who never made a mistake never made anything

Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by nine fingers View Post
    Jinker finished and loaded, attached to another steam traction engine, waiting for sign writing to be printed . cheers John
    What a great build and the wheels look fantastic and don't let anyone say otherwise

I am not at all surprised at mardtrp running off at the mouth about the ins and outs of building a wheel , with books to hand you can make out to be a very clever Know it all, I for one would except his so called knowledge, If he put up a model of sorts, and showed his ability, that he understand the problems of model making in the smaller scales ,now the model in question has not been claimed to be an accurate scale model,but a model of a wood jinker, and that is a excellent model in my humble opinion ,The nastynest you bring to a forum is not wanted, in fact as you have never posted a model I think the moderators should kick you out of the forum as you have nothing what so ever to offer especially as you don't bother to find out the problems a modeller might have doing his modelling be fore denigrating his work.

TKO

Default Nine fingers has it right

Nine fingers has the correct style of spokes in his wheels as shone in the following photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nine fingers View Post
    SWK, Thanks for posting the pic's of wheel drawings. The drawing 9 is as close to how I constructed the wheels , considering the were 15 to 1 scale.
    Maybe the member who criticized my wheel making would show some of his work to see how actuate his model making is. John.
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Nine fingers has the correct style of spokes in his wheels as shone in the following photo
    I guess an apology won't be far away with all the evidence stacking up!!!

I had to do something, I didn't like what was going on.
    we dont need that here.
    "Mc"

Quote Originally Posted by Treecycle View Post
    I guess an apology won't be far away with all the evidence stacking up!!!
    Don't sit by the phone. Like all bullies, he has vanished once others see what Is happening and get involved.

Red face

I think you have done a great job on the Timber Jinker. You have tremendous skills. Thankyou for sharing it with us.

Keith

To all the Forum members who have supported me during the timber jinker build, some harsh things were said , thanks to U BEAUT for putting an end to it. John.

Default Big timber jinker

Nine fingers I found this photo of a timber jinker and thought you might like to see it.
    you can see the shape of the spokes very well, and it is very large also.
    "Mc"
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have been on holiday and I have just seen mardtrp nasty comments. He made several similar comments a while back and when I challenged him to show his work he vanished for a time. It seems he is like the proverbial bad smell, you just can't get rid of him. I believe that he gets his information from the model horsedrawn vehicle forum but of course he has not contributed anything to that forum.
    In my opinion John, ninefingers is a very talented and skillful crafsman and not just at model making. Keep up the good work John you are an insperation to me and the other members of this forum.
    Cheers Frank.

Keep at it Nine Fingers. Your work is superb.and does not deserve to be denigrated like that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123