Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tapatalk

I would hate my app without pics but thats just me

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Manuals ? That there is dinosaur speak.

To switch to "Web view" or "Open in browser" for a thread or post - select Menu and then choose web/browser option from the drop down. In my version of Tapatalk, it's top right of screen or use the andriod device's menu button. The drop down menu is subtly different between thread view and post view.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    I would hate my app without pics but thats just me

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art
    I don't have any choice. With 100M per month to play with I have to be frugal. This year, the Vintage is very light on with grapes. Something to do with flower set. There is not a lot of work. The first 3 days this week I worked 12hr nights and did little odd jobs and cleaned floors. Boring. I had to occupy my mind, so I did some surfing. Even when I have a job to do I am mostly monitoring once it is going. Last 2 nights I had some work, but had to stretch it out. This is with the full knowledge of my super.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler View Post

To switch to "Web view" or "Open in browser" for a thread or post - select Menu and then choose web/browser option from the drop down. In my version of Tapatalk, it's top right of screen or use the andriod device's menu button. The drop down menu is subtly different between thread view and post view.
    Not only with Tablets/Smartphones. A lot of computer programs have virtually no instructions with them. I detest web based help systems because they don't have search functions, and the FAQ is usually useless.

Thanks for the heads up on the menu. I am still playing with the free version and it is limited. None of these options are available in this version. This may be why I cannot log in as I think this is a read only version. The menu is in the same location. Last night I found the "Settings" in the menu and made the changes as quoted, but then could not find them again. While talking to a workmate who has also recently started using Tapatalk I tried opening the app directly from the phone menu and selected the menu. There was "Settings". When browsing a forum all I get in the menu is "Refresh".

Are there any hidden tricks on scrolling, when typing with the screen keyboard on these devices? I often have the need to scroll a bit to the left (line start) and I cannot do this with my finger. I find I have to delete letters, type what I want, then retype the deleted letters. This is often a problem when changing search terms.

Dean

Scrolling and navigation will always be problematic on mobile screens with limited real estate. Some apps have scroll-tabs (my name) but they can be just as difficult IMO. There are alternate virtual keyboard apps available. I use one that's easier to shift to and from alpha/numbers/punctation. I think it came with Swiftkey. It's also a useful app for typing on little screens.

Have a play with google voice. Also try double tapping words and selecting from suggested replacements rather than editting individual letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldneweng View Post
    I don't have any choice. With 100M per month to play with I have to be frugal. This year, the Vintage is very light on with grapes. Something to do with flower set. There is not a lot of work. The first 3 days this week I worked 12hr nights and did little odd jobs and cleaned floors. Boring. I had to occupy my mind, so I did some surfing. Even when I have a job to do I am mostly monitoring once it is going. Last 2 nights I had some work, but had to stretch it out. This is with the full knowledge of my super.

Dean
    I dont know who you are with and what signal is like where you are but if the optus network is anygood go Amaysim.

40 per month and you get unlimited calls and text and 4 GB per month

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler View Post
    Scrolling and navigation will always be problematic on mobile screens with limited real estate. Some apps have scroll-tabs (my name) but they can be just as difficult IMO. There are alternate virtual keyboard apps available. I use one that's easier to shift to and from alpha/numbers/punctation. I think it came with Swiftkey. It's also a useful app for typing on little screens.

Have a play with google voice. Also try double tapping words and selecting from suggested replacements rather than editting individual letters.
    I have played a bit with scroll tabs, if they are the blue bits that appear below the line that can be moved to select stuff. I will try these and see how that works. Double tapping words I will try. I already use suggested replacements as my typing on a small screen is awful. It is amazing how this phone can predict words, even when I make spelling mistakes.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    I dont know who you are with and what signal is like where you are but if the optus network is anygood go Amaysim.

40 per month and you get unlimited calls and text and 4 GB per month

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art
    According to the Optus coverage map we are in a hand held area. A couple of years ago I emailed them and asked them to explain this anomaly. I am still waiting for a reply. Telstra puts us in a car kit area. This is less of a lie, but a miss is a miss any way you look at it. I got a shock when I received a txt when sitting outside just playing with my phone some years ago. The short answer is that I do not get mobile service! CDMA was good for txt's if you hung the phone on the clothes line.

The only Broadband (Ha Ha) available here is a satellite. I pay $40 per month for that and I am not planning on paying anymore for internet service. The 100M is what is included with my phone plan. I can get more, but I would prefer not to as it does get expensive going this way.

Dean

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123