G'day guys,

Just signed up. I am doing big home reno's and building my shed (guess which one is more important ) and am looking to cut costs / save money where possible. I've got a stratco portal frame 6.1x6.1 m shed coming next week, and i intend to stud out and line the walls and insulate with batts, so all good there. But the roof, I am not sure if I intend to batten and line. Because of this, i want to install some foil insulation when I build the shed. Products like anticon, polyair performa, the aircell stuff - glareshield/ insulshed/insulbreak etc etc. However I am only keen to buy second hand (saving da money) and i notice there is a lottttt of Air Cell Permicav available on the secondhand market. ( AIR-CELL Permicav, 3-in-1 high performance cavity wall insulation )
It seems to be identical to all the other foil products, except it is punctured with heaps of holes to allow breathing. The permicav is stated as being specifically designed for inside brick cavity walls.

Wondering if anyone knows if i can safely use this stuff under my steel roof sheets? I rang Air Cell, and they said they don't recommend it, but obviously pointed me towards their other products that suit, so i wasn't really expecting a recommendation. Does it matter if the stuff is breathable? If it does matter, i could wrap plastic builders film either underneath it or on top of it, which will form an impermeable layer. I'd go the exactly specified stuff, but permicav is so cheap as excess from builders projects i really want to use it if there are no major negatives.

Anyone got any comments? Cheers!

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...