Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Trying to find an Excalbur routing table

Hi all

I am looking to buy the Excalibur 40-200C router table but can find no where in Australia that stocks them. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or if I cannot get one here, what are my options.

Many thanks in anticipation

Cheers
    Paul

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

http://www.general.ca/contact.html
    Professor google didn't have an immediate answer. However I suggest emailing general in the US asking for an Aussie distributor, or alternatively a landed in AUS price.
    as an aside carbatec sell the general scroll saw.
    cheers

Many thanks for that information. It looks like it is going to be a difficult task to source an Excalibur here in Australia. I might have to take the blinkers off and explore other options.

Cheers
    Paul

Default No luck either.

I was looking for the same item as they are cast iron and able to accept a standard router lift/ insert plate. I contacted Carbatec as they carry the excaliber range of scroll saws and could not get past a receptionist who really had no idea what I was talking about. They need to wake up and realise there is a market for quality items not just the cheap and nasty stuff. The only way I can see to get one is to get a group of interested people together and buy direct from Canada. Buying a reasonable number would hopefully reduce the shipping to an affordable level.

Quote Originally Posted by labrat View Post
    I was looking for the same item as they are cast iron and able to accept a standard router lift/ insert plate. I contacted Carbatec as they carry the excaliber range of scroll saws and could not get past a receptionist who really had no idea what I was talking about. They need to wake up and realise there is a market for quality items not just the cheap and nasty stuff. The only way I can see to get one is to get a group of interested people together and buy direct from Canada. Buying a reasonable number would hopefully reduce the shipping to an affordable level.

Exactly!! I found it amazing when I went to the store and asked why they only sold the scroll saw.....they said they already had too bign a range of router tables so didn't need another one......go figure.....why would you even bother stocvking the scroll saw in that case.

Very strange........in the interests of finding some middle ground, I might just end up with a Kreg table.

Cheers
    Paul

Very nice looking bit of gear that. Would be very jealous if you manage to get your hands on one.
    Craig

Expert /Ex-Spurt/ -n. An "Ex" is something that has been or was. A "Spurt" is a drip under pressure.