Default Best score ever from the scrap yard

There's a scrap metal (and all sorts of other big things) yard around here where I quite often go looking for bits'n'pieces to make a bunch of whatchamacallits with. Today I was wandering around looking for some solid rod to make some super thick washers from.

During the hunt I heard a faint, sultry, cry...almost song like...

"~ Save me Redders ~ I beg of you ~ Please let me assist in satisfying your deepest desperate and dire needs ~"

From somewhere in my peripheral vision, a corner of something with a vaguely familiar color gleamed at me, beckoningly, from beneath the dirt and mud under an old wooden pallet...*gasp*...did I really see it? Did it really cry out to me?

Was it!? Could it really be!?

I delicately reached in between the decomposing timber boards...brushed away the debris and gave a gentle tug...

FIFTY BUCKS!!!

Best scrap yard ever

PS: "whatchamacallits" didn't trigger a spell check. Who'da thunk it.

PPS: Yes I considered handing it in, but blah blah blah...I wouldn't be ferreting around a muddy scrap yard for material if I couldn't seriously use the windfall. Never fear, some guilt has been attached to my action.

PPPS: This beats the $20 I found on a plane to Bali when I was 13.
    Last edited by RedShirtGuy; 15th April 2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added an adjective...ooh lah lah... :P
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Something wrong here, I don't know what you found and the suspense is killing me. What did I miss?? You found $50? I'm lucky to pick up a penny once and a while.

Hehe. Yes, please excuse my erratic and overly aroused description of the tale...here's the short, non-sensual version...(but trust me...it was VERY sensual in real life...)

"I found a $50 note under dirt and mud and a rotting wooden pallet in my favourite scrap metal yard today...and I'm visibly happy"

I don't think you realise that $50 note is one of many. There's probably an old safe that has burst open under there somewhere or granny's old biscuit tin has finally rusted away and all her life savings are now floating around the junk yard. You'd better get back there before someone else claims it.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Must be something in the air!!!
    I walked out my front door 10 days ago and sure enough there is a 50 folded in half at the bottom of the front steps.
    Then 2 days ago went into the backyard to feed the cat and right at the back door was a tenner folded in half.
    Both had dirt stuck to them so they were not freshly dropped.

That's 60 bucks in 10 days.

Before my folks retired, part of their business was school photography.

Envelopes were given to the kids for them to tick which photo pack was wanted and cash was put into the envelope then eventually collected for processing the orders. We'd spend hours opening the envelopes to retrieve the money and write up the orders. The opened envelopes were then stored for a while before eventually being thrown on the compost pile at home.

Over the years we've dug out a number of $5/10/20 notes from the compost as it was turned over and used. Obviously we hadn't emptied some envelopes properly and they'd broken down enough for the cash to escape.

Now *that's* a rich compost

Now you've given away the secret why Australia has plastic bank notes.

Regards
    Hugh

Enough is enough, more than enough is too much.

Kris
    Are you going to share the address of this junk yard that has money stashed all over the place ?????
    Matt

Just like the fishermen who have their special secret spots...not on yer life

rrich Guest

We were in a restaurant with another couple. One of those places that once a year is too frequent.

There was a group at a near by table with several bratty kids and obnoxious non controlling parents. They were just abusing the waitress something terrible. All four of us were remarking how good that waitress was to us after being abused by the other table. About half way through our meal the other group left. Finally peace and quiet.

As we were finishing up, I noticed a folded up bill under the other table. I got up and picked it up. As I sat back down at our table and realized that the bill was a 100. So I announced that dinner was on me. When the waitress brought the check (about 46), I said to her, "That table over there was really giving you a bad time." She really didn't want to say much more than "yes". I gave her the 100 saying, "Keep the change and I hope that this makes up for it."

The net result was that a bunch of jerks paid for our dinner, made a waitress very happy and the best part the jerks didn't know it.