Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Locomotive & Tender

Quote Originally Posted by Handyjack View Post
    Picture 2 shows the cylinder, with the piston rod coming out to the crosshead and the crosshead guide. Picture 3 is the connecting rods (from the cross head to the driving wheel crank pin) and the coupling rods which connect the driving wheels together.
    Handyjack, Thanks for the info, I know where all the bit's go but I did not really understand how it all operated on a real locomotive.Regard's Jim

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    Looking good Jim.... Did your mate do the cylinders for you?? Cheers, crowie
    Pete, No he is still MIA. The cylinder's are 1" dowel x 1-1/4" long with the end piece's supplied with the kit that you purchase when you buy the plan. Cheer's Jim.

The train is really looking great. Very nice work.

Not a lot was achieved today, I made up the headlamp, It's just sitting on my sanding block. Next is the suspension of the tender upside down on the base ready to attached to the body which is in the next pic glued together & squared up prior to assembly. Regard's Jim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great stuff Jim

Keith

Coming along absolutely great now. I like the woods you are using they contrast well.

My mate turned up today with my turned bit's, as I have mentioned before I have no lathe skill's what so ever. First pic is the stack & the pressure valve's ? The stack need's some modification I think. Next is the boiler in the boiler holder, it is made to hold the boiler so it can be drilled etc etc. Last is a mock up of how it may look eventually. The waste end's haven't been removed as yet as contrasting colour insert's are yet to be fitted into the cutout's & then finished on the lathe. A lot more work is required before it is up to standard. Cheer's Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by j&j View Post
    My mate turned up today with my turned bit's, as I have mentioned before I have no lathe skill's what so ever. First pic is the stack & the pressure valve's ? The stack need's some modification I think. Next is the boiler in the boiler holder, it is made to hold the boiler so it can be drilled etc etc. Last is a mock up of how it may look eventually. The waste end's haven't been removed as yet as contrasting colour insert's are yet to be fitted into the cutout's & then finished on the lathe. A lot more work is required before it is up to standard. Cheer's Jim.
    The first picture shows the Chimney or funnel, sand dome (small) and steam dome which might have safety valves on top.

Looking good. Keep up the great work.

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by j&j View Post
    That looks quite good Jim...You've got a top mate to do that for you....The train is now starting to have some body, cheers, crowie

The first picture shows the Chimney or funnel, sand dome (small) and steam dome which might have safety valves on top.Looking good. Keep up the great work.
    Handyjack, I was hoping you would come the rescue, I am building this to a pattern with not much knowledge about steam engines, Thanks for your input on this build. If I may, what's your opinion on the stack? I personally think it look's crap. Regard's Jim.

Yes the chimney does not look right.

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Default 4-6-0 Train....

G'Day Jim,
    I've attached a pdf of the Toys & Joys model again a couple of real 4-6-0 trains and yes the funnels are different...
    I'm not sure if this helps, cheers, crowie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes the chimney does not look right.
    Handyjack, Thank you for taking the time to answer my query about the chimney. I have modified it already because I was not happy with it. I hope to get to work on it over the weekend & will post photo's then. If you don't mind let me know your thought's about it then.I appreciate your advice, Cheer's Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    G'Day Jim, I've attached a pdf of the Toys & Joys model again a couple of real 4-6-0 trains and yes the funnels are different...I'm not sure if this helps, cheers, crowie
    Pete, thanks for going to all that trouble. The t/js model you have shown is the one I am trying to build. The other Loco's show a variety of chimney's all much better looking than mine. What you have shown is how Handyjack described it, I have changed it already & will post the changes over the weekend. With the help & advice from everybody this Loco may turn out OK yet. Thanks & Regard's Jim

Jim,

Probably a bit late getting back to you - sorry - think you have it covered , but here is a photo of the stack on my 4-6-0 G Scale loco

Regards

Keith

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast