Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Jim,

The track looks good. Wet, windy, Cold down here. I bet it's beautiful up there. Looking forward to Yamba and Hervey Bay.

Keith

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Locomotive & Tender

The assembly is slowly coming together, wheel's fitted on the axel's & the first coat of poly on the boiler. Then the base upside down with two barrel's glued & clamped. I cut the base for the track's down by about 3" as I thought it was to much to wide. It is now ready for the ballast to be laid. Last pic is known as a teaser in the motor trade, it is the coal tender completely finished, wheel's fitted, all trim's done & full of "coal". But it can't be shown until the loco is also finished. Cheer's Jim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can tell from the sneak preview it is going to be a beautiful build. Some mighty fine work going in to this.

Normally I don't post unless significant progress has been made, but I was so impressed with the way this has turned out I just had to post it. All I have done is lay the ballast & used Keith's brilliant suggestion for the adhesive. The ballast is only washed & dried crusher dust. The adhesive has brought out the colour of the gravel & has set like a rock, or ballast as the case may be. Thank You Keith. Cheer's Jim.

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by j&j View Post
    Normally I don't post unless significant progress has been made, but I was so impressed with the way this has turned out I just had to post it. All I have done is lay the ballast & used Keith's brilliant suggestion for the adhesive. The ballast is only washed & dried crusher dust. The adhesive has brought out the colour of the gravel & has set like a rock, or ballast as the case may be. Thank You Keith. Cheer's Jim.
    The assembly is slowly coming together, wheel's fitted on the axel's & the first coat of poly on the boiler. Then the base upside down with two barrel's glued & clamped. I cut the base for the track's down by about 3" as I thought it was to much to wide. It is now ready for the ballast to be laid. Last pic is known as a teaser in the motor trade, it is the coal tender completely finished, wheel's fitted, all trim's done & full of "coal". But it can't be shown until the loco is also finished. Cheer's Jim.
    Jim, the train is looking good except for what's under that towel as none of us are as good as superman & his xray vision....lol....
    The track is a masterpiece, very well done sir.... cheers, crowie

Jim,

No worries. It looks great !!! Well done!! It always worked well will my HO and N scale model railway. Yes it comes up pretty hard doesn't it. How long did it take to set ?

Regards

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_1 View Post
    Jim,No worries. It looks great !!! Well done!! It always worked well will my HO and N scale model railway. Yes it comes up pretty hard doesn't it. How long did it take to set ?RegardsKeith
    Keith, I put it in the full sun about 10 this morning & it was there about 6 hrs & set hard & dried. I could not believe it worked so well. It brought out the colour in the "sleeper's" & the gravel. Thanks again. Jim

Keith, I put it in the full sun about 10 this morning & it was there about 6 hrs & set hard & dried. I could not believe it worked so well. It brought out the colour in the "sleeper's" & the gravel. Thanks again. Jim
    Great stuff

I started today by joining the boiler to the partial cab & then added the boiler support & cross member to the front end. Last is both previous pics just placed together. It is now starting to all come together.Cheer's Jim.

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

I started today by joining the boiler to the partial cab & then added the boiler support & cross member to the front end. Last is both previous pics just placed together. It is now starting to all come together.Cheer's Jim.
    Now that's really starting to look very impressive Jim.....cheers, crowie

Looking great Jim,

It is going to be a beautiful locomotive.

Regards

Keith

The assembly seems to be taking forever. The poly is taking 2 days to set & the adhesive is also taking about a day. A couple of pics just showing the cow catcher fitted & the boiler to the base.Cheer's Jim.

Thumbs up

Looking really good there Jim!!!

Jim,

This is looking absolutely fantastic. The cow catcher looks great on the front. The number at the front of the boiler synonymous with American locomotives adds something special. I reckon it's tremendous.

Keith

This is why I hate going away all of you seem to get so much done that there is a lot of catching up to do to see all the great progress that you have made. The train is looking fantastic and the track with the ballast is so realistic

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast