Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Default The Assembly has happened and

The Assembly has happened and the painting has started.....

The sunrise this morning was magnificent and the morning was shaping up to give a bottler day, THEN morning tea time it went overcast.
    Since then the temperature has tried to remind us that it's winter complete with a cool breeze...not good for pressure pack spraying of wooden toys.
    I stayed in the shed to start applying the clear gloss lacquer..

Here's a sneak preview tease of the final result!!!

Cheers, crowie
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

That looks a beautiful finish Peter.

Well Done !!!

Keith

That finish is coming up really great Peter. Love the badge, too.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing with the finish on. It'll be a knockout.
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

Thanks for the tease Peter. Should keep us going until tomorrow. If the temperature is like it is here today, the finish will not be dry tomorrow.
    I hope you brought a container load of those badges for all the future builds just to mark your work as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_1 View Post
    That looks a beautiful finish Peter.

Well Done !!!

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    That finish is coming up really great Peter. Love the badge, too.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing with the finish on. It'll be a knockout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treecycle View Post
    Thanks for the tease Peter. Should keep us going until tomorrow. If the temperature is like it is here today, the finish will not be dry tomorrow.
    I hope you brought a container load of those badges for all the future builds just to mark your work as yours.
    Thank you Keith, Steve and Dallas.....Been difficult to spray paint the lacquer over the past couple of cold, windy days......Cheers, Peter

Default Finished

Finished.....

With all my mistakes and modifications I'm finally finished.....4 coats of clear gloss pressure pack lacquer......
    Handy wasn't able to speak quick enough to warn me that I'd over done the spraying in some areas [complete with a run or two], so I've had to give into him on the extra photos [he's such a ham].....

Here's a list of the modifications:
    bucket arms, arms cross-brace, engine & arms mounting, bucket arm mounts, nylon washers between all moving timber parts, S/S washer on the wheels under the axle pegs, roof cabin brace, headlights, taillights, number plate [Peterbilt of course], exhaust pipe, bumper bars front & rear....

Thank you one & all for the encouragement and support - it's been a fun project and I'm sure my grandsons will have a heap of fun playing with it...

Cheers, crowie...

PS - The big mistake I mentioned earlier - I misread the plans/pattern on the engine compartment, so have added a piece of Black Sassafras on each side of the engine compartment with I'm saying are the hydraulics for the arms.....

Peter,

That looks absolutely fantastic. The finish lacquer has come up treat as well. You should be very proud of what you have made - it's great.

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith

That looks really great Peter. The finish really brings out the colours. The domed and Nyloc nuts add some finishing touches and removes the exposed thread on the bucket arm pivots. The added washers will make all the parts move nicely.
    Looking forward to finishing the sandpit digger and having a go at one of those plans you sent me. So many plans, so little time.
    Dallas

Looks great.
    I like the peterbilt emblem.

A very impressive finish Pete. It looks great. You can be proud of this little loader.

I like the look of the contrasting timbers on the arms. It worked well, and adds interest.

Makes me want to try my hand at toy-making sometime, but I have no little kids to give them to. My 'little kid' is in her 30's, no kids of her own (yet).
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_1 View Post
    Peter,

That looks absolutely fantastic. The finish lacquer has come up treat as well. You should be very proud of what you have made - it's great.

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by Treecycle View Post
    That looks really great Peter. The finish really brings out the colours. The domed and Nyloc nuts add some finishing touches and removes the exposed thread on the bucket arm pivots. The added washers will make all the parts move nicely.
    Looking forward to finishing the sandpit digger and having a go at one of those plans you sent me. So many plans, so little time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    A very impressive finish Pete. It looks great. You can be proud of this little loader.

I like the look of the contrasting timbers on the arms. It worked well, and adds interest.

Makes me want to try my hand at toy-making sometime, but I have no little kids to give them to. My 'little kid' is in her 30's, no kids of her own (yet).
    Thank you Keith, Steve & Dallas.....I love the timber colours too....while the 120yr old Boston Walnut bucket is beautiful but the Aussie hardwoods as just magnificent...

Quote Originally Posted by oneye View Post
    Looks great.
    I like the peterbilt emblem.
    Thanks "oneye".... I had a bit of trouble getting the lapel pins from the Peterbilt merchandising store BUT I do love them on my toys... Cheers, crowie

Default The grandsons gave the bobcat a good test drive this afternoon....

The son-in-law had to work back this afternoon, so our daughter dropped the grandsons off at ours while she went to work...
    WOW were they excited to see "pa" had finished the bobcat and just had to give it a good test drive.....
    The little bloke survived being driven all over the house......it turns out the bobcat fits well in the tray of the Tough Aussie Tipper.....got to love that!!

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    The son-in-law had to work back this afternoon, so our daughter dropped the grandsons off at ours while she went to work...
    WOW were they excited to see "pa" had finished the bobcat and just had to give it a good test drive.....
    The little bloke survived being driven all over the house......it turns out the bobcat fits well in the tray of the Tough Aussie Tipper.....got to love that!!
    Looks fantastic Peter,

The bobcat and tip truck go hand in hand. We are looking after our 2YO grandson tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Keith

They look fantastic together. What a coincidence they fit each other and the "Peterbilt" badges line up nicely.
    I bet the little ones had a ball
    Dallas

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast