Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Got at a garage sale

I pick this up for $35 they were asking $55 . It is a small Lathe with a grinding wheel with it. It works great needs a bit of clean. There is no name or model number on it. It could be a home made one.

Small Lathe with Grinding wheel.JPGSmall Lathe.JPG

Graham.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

It doesn't look good but for $35 very good pick up. Are you going to do a work in progress of the clean up?

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day Graham, As Christos said, it looks a bit rough but if it works as you said, for $35 it was a steal....very well done sir...Cheers, crowie

Default small lathe

Hi christos,

When I went out to see it it did look bit rough. I asked if it ran and woman did no it was her husband's and he was at home. It was in the back of the shed behind all this rubbish so I help her to dig it and she plug it in and ran great so I offer her $35 for it and she yes. But after I had it sitting in the shed for awhile and I decided to turn it on and it would not go and I thought to myself there $35 gone out window. One day when I was making some Lazy Susan's, the lathe was playing on my mine all day. So I went over the to lathe and was looking it all over and came across these things that look like little washers glue on some areas of it. I accidentally push on one and there was a ball bearing. I went over and grab some oil squirted in the hole turned it back on and away she went and still going. All I have to do now is try to clean it up. When I was moving my woodwork shop around today I was looking at the lathe and saw that top large pulley is not in the same place has the large pulley on the bottom is. If you have a look at one of photos I have put on here you can see the pulleys and can you tell if that is right. I do have a bigger lathe but I don't use it very much because I'm still trying teach myself how to do things on it. I can do some small things on it. Hopefully one day I be able to do bowls and pens.

Cheers Graham.