Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I vote we put this to rest!!!! I never look at scale section, why??? Because I don't have the patience or time or skill to do it. Does that mean I don't care to see it? No. Again, we all have something to offer others may not. I'm still around watching posts to learn from others. Honestly, I have 5 children and 3 grand babies at the age of 42. I don't wanna come here and see nonsense. I have plenty if that in the house

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    When I sat on Trev's bike it sure felt like a toy to me and I felt like a big kid ...
    Ya looked one too.....when is Dad going to let you have your first shave?
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

Default Shave

Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post
    Ya looked one too.....when is Dad going to let you have your first shave?
    He gave me a handle and said when I grow real whiskers he'll give me blades to go it

Quote Originally Posted by Prime mover View Post
    WHATS GOING ON HERE ITS TURNED INTO A MODEL FORUM.
    iTS THE TREV, kEITH AND NOW JOHNNIE SHOW
    Prime Mover (Phil?)

Doesn't look like you have many people agreeing with you, does it? Even the shouting with all the capitals didn't help.

Perhaps take note of Fence Furniture's suggestion in post #9 of putting your TOYS or SCALE MODELS up for all of us to enjoy.

If not, just enjoy what these talented people are putting up for all of us to enjoy, who cares what label is on it - I say all of it is awe inspiring.

Thank Trev, Keith and our new member Johnnie

Default This is my last word on this

What I posted was from my observation, when I wrote the post this is the Trev, Keith and Johnny show, which was my main point, was that every time I looked at the toy forum one or the other were posting on their own thread such things as 'going for a coffee now' just to remain at the top of the list, they were using the forum as a 'blog' rather than a forum where useful information was being shared by people with a common interest. This is a forum where people share toy making ideas, and give helpful hints to each other.

If someone puts up a new post like when Crowie posted his 'Skid Steer Loader' it stayed on the top for only 22min before Trevor posted on his own 'blog' this is what I referring to. It seems there is a competition by these guys to stay on top and if you review the forum just once each day, you only look at the latest few posts, and you dont see some other posts who have been put down the list due to the competition going on by these 2.

This forum is to share information, but when people are more that 4 times a day are posting on their own 'blog' just to stay on top, what chance is there for anyone else to get there much loved work even looked at.

So if you want to shoot me for saying what I have observed then go ahead as I used to enjoy logging onto the forum every night to look at the struggles and triumphs of the many toy makers that used to post on this forum and now every night for a long time there has been very little.

Phil

OK, slightly different story here from your first post which was a personal attack on 3 forum members. It was also SHOUTED and rather petulant:

WHATS GOING ON HERE ITS TURNED INTO A MODEL FORUM.
    iTS THE TREV, kEITH AND NOW JOHNNIE SHOW
    Note you are quite happy to address them by their first name, but refrain from signing with your own first name, ie you were hiding behind your forum name.

Then, after Trev replied, you said this:

Will you be giving/selling it as a toy for a kid to play with? or will it be on display as a model for people to look at and admire?
    Phil.
    At least you signed it with your first name, but in both those first posts there is absolutely no mention of "blogs" and people posting too often. I must say I wasn't aware there is or should be a limit on the number of times someone can post in an hour.
    In both these posts you concentrate on "MODELS" being posted in a "TOY" forum.

Now after you have been well and truly taken to task , you come up with a totally different slant on things in an attempt to somehow justify your previous posts.

What I posted was from my observation, when I wrote the post this is the Trev, Keith and Johnny show, which was my main point, was that every time I looked at the toy forum one or the other were posting on their own thread such things as 'going for a coffee now' just to remain at the top of the list, they were using the forum as a 'blog' rather than a forum where useful information was being shared by people with a common interest. This is a forum where people share toy making ideas, and give helpful hints to each other.

If someone puts up a new post like when Crowie posted his 'Skid Steer Loader' it stayed on the top for only 22min before Trevor posted on his own 'blog' this is what I referring to. It seems there is a competition by these guys to stay on top and if you review the forum just once each day, you only look at the latest few posts, and you dont see some other posts who have been put down the list due to the competition going on by these 2.

This forum is to share information, but when people are more that 4 times a day are posting on their own 'blog' just to stay on top, what chance is there for anyone else to get there much loved work even looked at.

So if you want to shoot me for saying what I have observed then go ahead as I used to enjoy logging onto the forum every night to look at the struggles and triumphs of the many toy makers that used to post on this forum and now every night for a long time there has been very little.

Phil
    I can only repeat the previous advice given by some respondents, including myself, how about posting your own work?

On that note, I will now close this thread as you have had your "right of reply" and no further good can come of debating this any further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12