Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Making a Table Saw Fence

Hi All,

I'm going to make up a table saw and figure i need to get the fence sorted before i make the rest.

I've searched "Fence" and done heaps of reading and like the idea of the Biesemeyer clone fences that people have made up.

Can anyone tell me if you can buy the Cam handle part of these fences separatly? So in post 49 of this thread https://www.woodworkforums.com/8268-t...-4/#post323360 i mean just the cam and and the bits its bolted in. Then i can just weld this onto some square tubing and right angle as shown?

I really don't want to attempt making a cam from scratch

Otherwise, are there cheaper ones of these available so i can just get some extrusion? Standard T-Square For Cabinet Saws, Bandsaws, Contractor Saws - Fits 2X3 inch Guide Rails | VerySuperCool Tools - Woodworking Tools

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

A cam lock is just a round bit of bar drilled off centre so that it can lock. It is most probably the easiest part of the project. You may think you need to shape the outside diameter but that is not so.
    CHRIS

Don't know if this is any help to you, but the adjustment bolt for the toe on the rear of front drive cars (I am thinking of '97 to '05 Magnas) has an offset washer affair that may assist in making a cam lock mechanism. I have attached some photos (just happened to have one in the garage). Overall length is 104mm; shaft is 12mm thick; washer section 5mm thick and 32mm OD and about 66mm between the washers. Certainly heavy enough to stand up to the task and with a bit of welding, drilling and tapping might just do the job.

Cheers, David.P1100434.jpgP1100435.jpgP1100436.jpg

Thanks for your replies,
    i didn't think about just using solid bar and drilling.

I was wondering how i'd go making this just looking at drawings, but I found a good step by step here: Homemade table saw fence @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community

Will give it a crack now.