Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Dust extractor for drill

FESTOOL Dust Removal Nozzle (SD 27 BSD) http://www.idealtools.com.au/festool...-festool-28317
    Having drilled heaps of holes in brick walls and having dust go everywhere, I could not wait to try the Festool Dust Removal Nozzle.

While it is still early days, I have been impressed with its performance. Once the dust extraction is turned on the nozzle is held onto the wall by negative air pressure. If need be it is easy to relocate. When drilling the hole no dust was noticed coming off the bit onto the floor. A big difference to not having the nozzle.
    The walls that I have tried it on were smooth rendered brick wall and a tiled (over brick) bathroom wall.

While not tested while drilling, I tried the Nozzle on an overhead surface and a plain brick wall with raked joins. Sure enough the nozzle was able to hang off the overhead surface, on the brick wall however, and not totally surprisingly, while the nozzle did remain on the wall it was a lot easier to remove and may possibly fall off unless positioned for the best adherence.

A tool that performs as designed at a reasonable price.

I do not have a direct or indirect financial or other interest in the product or the provider (including friendship).
    Last edited by Handyjack; 18th August 2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Additional information for other surfaces

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement