Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Lie-Neilson planes

This is my first post as I am a long term lurker and non poster. One of the reasons I lurk is to read reviews on equipment, suppliers and pick up tips and tricks on techniques. I often buy tools from overseas as its cheaper even with freight. Yes I know I should support local suppliers but sometimes the price difference is mind boggling. Economies of scale, the cost of doing business, middle men, tax, labour, who knows. But I don't feel inclined to pay 20% plus or more, money is money and the savings will buy more tools. Which of course I NEED rather than WANT.
    I recently NEEDED a Lie-Neilson #62 BU Jack. I could find no posted experiences on dealing with Henry Eckert in South Australia. I am in East Victoria. I did the calculations and found it was cheaper to buy from Henry Eckhert than the US. $319 Australian and no freight. From the US $262 Australian plus $71 Australian freight. Woo hoo cheaper to buy in Australia. Thought I would take a chance and ordered from the site web site on Friday evening. Plane delivered to my door Tuesday morning. And yes it is beautiful, shaved 1/1000" straight out of the box.
    So I am posting to advise others than it was an excellent buying experience, professionally done and slightly cheaper. Need to give credit to local companies when its due.
    I have no financial or otherwise interest in Henry Eckert, just a happy shopper, and posting my experience for the info of others.

Tim

Ignorance is no bar to speaking authoritatively (particularly on the web)

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thanks for the review and welcome to the forums.
    TM

I have to agree. I have ordered a couple of things from Henry Eckert and service is top notch. Another Aussie dealer and even better, manufacturer is HNT Gordon. I've Always had great service. Even dropped in there yesterday to pick up a part for one of his kits that I stuffed up, and he gave me a tour and a run down on the process in his shop.

Hi Tim. Welcome to the forum. I recently purchased some extra planemaker's floats from Henry Eckert. The price and service on delivery was excellent.

Stewie;