Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Roof Ladder

Default Roof Ladder

Would and of you kind Ladies and Gentlemen know who in Australia manufactures roof ladders ? All i seem to be able to find after doing a search are the hooks and wheels that are aftermarket bolt on additions. I am on the look out for a dedicated roof ladder that folds from 4.8 m to 2.4 m with bearers that keep the ladder off the roof allowing your foot some grip. Any help is much appreciated. Regards Paul

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I assume you want to lay it on top of the roof (outside) and not something fixed to the ceiling (inside) to get into the ceiling space.

I very much doubt that you'll buy such a specific item and there maybe worksafe issues. The way I see it you have two options, being make your own out of timber or buy an aluminium ladder and modify to suit.
    Experienced in removing the tree from the furniture

some roofers use these in my area: http://www.ferno.com.au/products/roo...safety-signage

you could also make your own.

The timber is as thick as the gutter so it doesn't crush. You could put arms on the left and right and this would stop the ladder from tipping (as the gutter will jam it tight...i.e. higher up = more pressure = less likely to move)

You could also put a chain on it, so when you go up, you wrap it around one of the ladders sides and clip it down. This will stop it from tipping backwards.

ladder.gif

I think rod1949 is right. I haven't seen a bought one for years. The roofers these days usually have something homemade based on something like this.
    http://www.titanladders.co.uk/product/roof-ladders/

Stewie