Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

Quote Originally Posted by cadas View Post
    Come on guys this is serious....

I don't know what festool are playing at making "New" boxes so different to old boxes, it's going to kill demand if you can't sneak them into a workshop.

Hoping to hell lie Nielsen don't change their boxes or I'm looking for a caravan to live in.
    Ah, a comrade in need of an "under the radar" solution. I have many I can offer for various situations.

In this particular situation I would advise the additional purchase of a Tanos Systainer of appropriate size (#2 ?). Simply transfer the internal insert and Robert's your relative. Sell the original Systainer on here and you'll not be out of pocket too much (maybe just freight for the Tanos).

Other strategies available
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

This is what it's all about kids. People with problems, people with solutions.

Unholster that credit card cadas. It's time....

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    Some posts have been deleted due to personal attacks to members along with other replies that no longer make sense after the original was deleted.

I request that members take the time to reread their posts before submitting said post. As soon as you start making personal comments about a member you have already lost your argument. There is nothing wrong with opposing thoughts.

It's with a fair bit of trepidation that I re-enter the fray....

It's fair and reasonable to rebut an argument that's erroneous, inaccurate, or that one simply disagrees with. That's debate. The manner of our debate, however, sometimes leaves a little to be desired. It's just a part of our national character. Australians are renowned as being blunt to the point of rudeness in the eyes of others. Maybe a legacy of so many unwilling emigrants being forced into penal servitude & slavery.

As a hypothetical, if I bought a new dining suite for a price-point, I'd have a few expectations as to it's construction. A $100 item would reasonably be made with the cheapest materials & construction techniques. Say MDF & dowels. At $500 you might rightly expect the synthetic wood to be veneered. At $1000, a buyer would be looking for solid timber components, and jointing techniques commensurate with this price point. At $5,000-$10,000 well I'd (quite rightly) be expecting the absolute best of everything: exotic timbers, quality finishing.....and the absolute very best joinery techniques. I wouldn't be expecting, for example, loose tenons.

Would I know how it was made? Other than from deconstruction, the answer is no. I, a member of the "unsuspecting public" would be completely unaware of the item's hidden qualities or deficiencies until said item failed through damage or poor joinery techniques.

A table is a fairly basic unstressed commodity. Dining chairs, however, aren't. Subject to extreme racking stresses, the stretcher to leg and leg to seat joinery will eventually reveal inadequacies in construction. Usually long after purchase. I take it on trust that the craftsmanship is up to the job. The more I pay, the higher my standards and expectations.

Are "economical" joining aids such as biscuits, dowels, loose tongues & tenons appropriate to fine furniture? The answer is a qualified yes, but surely subject to those very same standards and expectations.
    Sycophant to nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by dalejw View Post
    This is what it's all about kids. People with problems, people with solutions.

Unholster that credit card cadas. It's time....
    The wife is now the proud owner of a new iPhone....

I reckon I could have Scarlett Johansson demonstrating my new domino in the workshop and it would now go unnoticed....for a couple of days anyway

When they say festool ain't cheap, they aren't joking..

If you're keen on putting together high quality stuff in no time at all.

Accept no substitutes

I reckon I could have Scarlett Johansson demonstrating my new domino in the workshop and it would now go unnoticed....for a couple of days anyway

Domino DF 500 is probably twice the price of a new iPhone 6. A lot of people replace their mobile phone after one or two years. The Domino is likely to last five to ten years maybe more depending on use. Yes there is the cost of the dominoes and cutters and glue, but the phone also has costs associated with it - whether it is used or not. What you make with the domino will last a long time or provide income, the calls made on a mobile phone may not be remembered next year.

Tools are an investment. A dust extractor is one thing I would not go without after using one. If nothing else it is great for clean up.

My 2 cents worth.

Just when I was about to sell you my hardly used Domino, you go and buy a new one
    Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by RicB View Post
    Just when I was about to sell you my hardly used Domino, you go and buy a new one
    I wouldn't let Scarlett Johansson play with a used domino....

Finally got to play with the new toy today. It is brilliant, I've bought the 10mm bit and the difference between that and a biscuit is vast.

The simplicity and accuracy are great. Knocked up a quick panel door for loft in no time at all.

Welcome cadas. Welcome
    to the dark side. You should have a look at the frontline clamps... Just have a look.

Frontline is pure evil.

They will break your mind and wallet.

(I want some)

S*#t happens real quick with a set of frontlines and a domino... Just have a look. You might not like them

If you don't like the frontline clamps, I'll offer you $75 each for them.

Just did an entire table and chair set tonight with the Domino. Admittedly, its a kids set and only two chairs, but that was after 6 boxes.

Go Domino!!!

DSC07586 (1024x685).jpg

you guys sure have a lot of time to post!

why not turn the time into manufacturing and make yourself some $$

while you guys are posting in the last 3 weeks, I have been working in my workshop making furnitures and sending them out to customers all over NZ, a friend of mine jokingly commented maybe oneday my product will be for sale in Australia. I wouldnt be able to do this without my Domino DF700/CT36 and my Frontline clamps.

interestingly, oneday I was busy making furnitures, my partner came to my workshop saw me doing stuff with my Domino said it looked cool and fun and she wanted to give it a try, I showed her how to use it and ever since then she has been asking when am I going use hte Domino again cos she wants to use it.

Its important for people to enjoy what they do, if a tool can enhance this feeling then I dont need to say more
    SCM L'Invincibile si X, SCM L'Invincibile S7, SCM TI 145EP, SCM Sandya Win 630, Masterwood OMB1V, Meber 600, Delta RJ42, Nederman S750, Chicago Pneumatics CPRS10500, Ceccato CDX12

Quote Originally Posted by dalejw View Post
    Welcome cadas. Welcome
    to the dark side. You should have a look at the frontline clamps... Just have a look.
    Oh why did you do that....for the love of God why....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast