Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: INCRA ULTRA JIG

Default INCRA ULTRA JIG

DSCN0918.jpgDSCN0919.jpgDSCN0920.jpg

As the pictures illustrate complete Incra Ultra Router Jig complete will all parts and then some. Extras include books and templates plus extra stops and add ons for the jig.
    If you want a jig give repeatable results, with precision, then this jig will allow you to perform that task.
    If it is required postage can be organised at buyers expense and will obviously cost extra.
    Local pickup preferred.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I'm guessing from the photos that this is an imperial unit? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeTee View Post
    I'm guessing from the photos that this is an imperial unit? Thanks.
    Yep, certainly is.

Personally I can never understand why people are so reluctant to embrace the imperial jigs. There are many more templates and cutters available in imperial and if you use the reference guide to match templates to your stock it's not as if you have to get your head around a whole new way of measuring. I guess it's just fear of the unknown. Anybody who buys this will never regret it, especially at the bargain price.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by aldav View Post
    Personally I can never understand why people are so reluctant to embrace the imperial jigs. There are many more templates and cutters available in imperial and if you use the reference guide to match templates to your stock it's not as if you have to get your head around a whole new way of measuring. I guess it's just fear of the unknown. Anybody who buys this will never regret it, especially at the bargain price.
    David
    No, it's not fear of the unknown. I'm old enough that I grew up under the imperial system - both measurements and currency. Obviously, it's some time since I was using any of that, but I'm familiar enough, once the porridge in the scone gets stirred up and neurons starting firing at each other. But you are right about being a bargain price (although I have to add postage) That's what has me interested. It's more I'm wondering how much I will have to spend on cutters and other items to suit this, when I have a lot of metric cutters already. Just that additional cost I am mulling over.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeTee View Post
    .It's more I'm wondering how much I will have to spend on cutters and other items to suit this, when I have a lot of metric cutters already. Just that additional cost I am mulling over.
    Sorry I'm not following, isn't this basically a fence? Why would u have to change ur cutters? I apologise if I'm not getting it, A friend has one on his router table, it's brilliant.

Hi John, Yes it is an incremental fence system using either imperial (1/32") or metric (1mm) racks to control the movement of the fence towards the cutter. To create joints, particularly dovetailed joints, most users use the template library which provides suggested stock thickness, approx. depth of cut and suggested cutter. Once selected you take the selected template, place it in your jig, centre it and then make the appropriate cuts in your stock. If you use metric cutters (or even inaccurately sized imperial cutters) with an imperial rack system your joints will not fit together properly. Most people use the template library because trying to create your own design with properly fitting joints is not nearly as easy as you may at first think! Hence the need for metric cutters and templates for the metric jig and imperial cutters and templates for the imperial jig. All dovetail jigs are the same in this regard - regardless of the guidance system used you must use the correct cutters to get a good joint.
    Hope this helps.
    David

Well, I've put in a bid, but after entering it, I thought about just how big Western Australia is for local pickup!

Where are you Stack?
    Graeme

Default Incra Jig

PM sent.