crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Default Clarendon Classic Rally 2014 with models galore....

I went and spent 2.5hrs at the Clarendon Classic Rally 2014 put on by the Sydney Antique Machinery Club and WOW...

Stationary Engines, Antique Tractors, Vintage Cars, Motorbikes, Trucks, Old Tools plus Models galore....and only $7.00 entry with free parking...

There were 1000's of people everywhere on a top sunny spring day....it'll be still on tomorrow, Sunday....

http://www.sydneyantiquemachineryclu...ally-2014.html

There were 3 or 4 running Steam Traction Engines driving around plus a heap of stationary units and small working models.....

The big old tractors were having a "tractor pull".....

Hey, there was even a Indian Motorbike for Trevor though not the same as his model.....

So many trucks from across the ages plus a stack of "radio controlled" trucks driving around the venue...

I found only one PETERBILT, an old cab-over....
    The Class of the Industry was sign written on the front with an old Texan number plate in the window.........

There were quite a few vendors selling secondhand machinery, tools and junk.....

A few woodwork people there including "The Axe" Wooden Chopper but now with a wooden leather jacket....

I had a top morning out only spending the entry fee and a sausage sandwich from the Rotary stall....

Enjoy the photos, I hope they give you the feel of being there, Cheers crowie
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default some more photos from today.........

some more photos from today.........

Default Great day out

Thank you for the great photos Crowie.
    Unfortunately I can't get to this one, but have attended a few similar events at Clarendon, and also at Menangle last year.
    It is a bit like walking through a museum, but 10 times better, as there are working old machines, plenty of noise and steam, plus a great atmosphere with most attendees having an interest in old machinery, old vehicles or old tools etc.
    A great family day out, and a very reasonable entry fee. The skill and workmanship in restoring the old equipment is first class, and a real pleasure to inspect and photograph.
    Anyone looking for a break from the workshop today should make the effort to take yourself and the family out for a very interesting day.

Have a great day (and take a few pics!),
    Alan...

Thank you Crowie, is this on every year? Might have to make a trip for that one.

Yes Sue and I had a top day from start to finish arrived just after 9am and left just after 4pm as Crowie said a very reasonable entry fee. A great day and yes we bumped into Peter/Crowie browsing tools he was I could see drool forming looking at saws, chisels and planes. Did you see the Ditson Tenon saw at $5 Peter I picked it up 3 times.

For us the day started well with spotting mates truck nice new Kenworth right outside the gate, he'd come down from QLD dropped a load in Sydney night before but was to head straight to Boggabri. In the interim he got a call to pick up another load and stayed over and stopped to check the show out.

Mark often send me pics of Vintage machines and trucks he had to load which are going to be restored etc.

Good to see the OTGA wood turners there demonstrating they had lots of interest from a new source.

Bumped into an old Coach driver mate I had worked with many years ago he's restoring an old Deutz.

I got some video of "Tiny" running as well as alot of other things when I get some time to edit I'll post it. Also a V8 GM roared into life at times oh I love that sound.

BRB breakfast ready. Sorry last time i just left it I was signed out and lost what I had typed.

The Lauchlan Valley steam train is running into Richmond and back during the day sadly didn't get photos of that. What a great cacophony of whistles from the train and the traction engines and some stationary machines when the train blew its coming into the rail crossing near by. One of the traction engines had fitted a steam boat whistle .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    Thank you Crowie, is this on every year? Might have to make a trip for that one.
    From what I gather Fred, YES, but this year was a special event to combined with Richmond's Jubilee...

There were a number of clubs from Newcastle to Woolongong and west to Wellington along with car, truck, tractor, motorbike and modelers.....

http://www.sydneyantiquemachineryclub.com/

Thinking of heading out there today. Chaps what was the modest fee - couldn't see it on the website ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pac man View Post
    Thinking of heading out there today. Chaps what was the modest fee - couldn't see it on the website ?
    Post #1, second sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Pac man View Post
    $7 adult Paul take the kids plenty to keep them entertained hats are a must though and plenty water.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post

I got some video of "Tiny" running as well as a lot of other things when I get some time to edit I'll post it. Also a V8 GM roared into life at times oh I love that sound.
    The Two Stroke Detroit was a real treat to hear as I hadn't heard one roaring like that since Sullair days...beautiful sound, even video'd it....

Tiny was big but nowhere as impressive as the GM....

I also did a short video of the chainsaw speed challenge - blink and you missed it.....

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    The Two Stroke Detroit was a real treat to hear as I hadn't heard one roaring like that since Sullair days...beautiful sound, even video'd it....

Tiny was big but nowhere as impressive as the GM....

I also did a short video of the chainsaw speed challenge - blink and you missed it.....
    Peter we need to share these results if your willing and put it into one video. I missed the chainsaw and GM but I heard that familiar roar and cackle music to my ears. the truckie mate was a GM mechanic could he make them sing.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Peter we need to share these results if your willing and put it into one video. I missed the chainsaw and GM but I heard that familiar roar and cackle music to my ears. the truckie mate was a GM mechanic could he make them sing.
    Earlier in the year I did my first "you tube" upload......now I'll have to remember how to do it.....BUT will try this afternoon....

Default Finally uploaded to youtube....

I have finally uploaded to youtube a number of short video's I took at the Clarendon Classic Machinery Rally - Sept 2014 ....

Sorry they aren't longer but the camera was playing up on movie mode....enjoy.....

Steam Tractor Truck http://youtu.be/NizQBPW3Eak

GM Fires Up http://youtu.be/RuTwjyNZVdw

Tiny Fires Up http://youtu.be/Ccm5IfoUeaI

Chainsaw Race http://youtu.be/sJaHioHHS3o

Tractor Pull http://youtu.be/uJhzGMeTz2Y

Great work Peter love that GM roar. Did you hear Tiny roar? I did GM was louder tho

Thumbs up

Love shows like this!!

Thanks for all the photos Fellas, they certainly bring back some memories!!!