Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

I would seal the concrete. Many paver sealers and the like on the market. Cant say which is best. Once sealed easier to clean up spills like titebond, linseed oil, danishoil .... you know - the stuff we never use

Paint also works and a light colour would keep it light inside and use mats where you work

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Epoxy sealants are best but expensive. Berger Jet Dry is a cheaper alternative. It does the job but stick to the lighter colours. I used the charcoal colour which shows scuffs far too easily, I'm not too happy about it but it was my choice and too late now.

Quote Originally Posted by dpm View Post
    Epoxy sealants are best but expensive. Berger Jet Dry is a cheaper alternative. It does the job but stick to the lighter colours. I used the charcoal colour which shows scuffs far too easily, I'm not too happy about it but it was my choice and too late now.
    If you want to save money you could do the walkways in epoxy and the other areas in Berger. The berger is holding up OK in the woody areas of the shed but only lasted about a year in the metal working area. Even epoxy would struggle under those conditions.

If the floor is covered in stuff the colour doesn't matter so much.

What have you got planned for dust extraction Willy?

Default Willy's plan for dust control

[
    What have you got planned for dust extraction Willy?[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob
    Good question.

The whole shed design was based around the control of dust. this includes prevailing winds, orientation, door and windows, A/C, air supply and a discussion I had with a gentleman who was kind enough to test the air in my existing shed and even provided a comprehensive report and advice- You.

Anyhoo, the shed is orientated to take advantage of the prevailing winds, I can open doors and windows and the active dust, or even residual dust, will be evacuated outside to disperse naturally in the bush.

In summer, this will be assisted by the A/c which will blow air into the shed from upwind and the doors are orientated such that it will complement the prevailing winds.

I will have a 2 hp dust extractor, with pleated filter, drawing air from the wood turning area. The Dusty is in a separate room, herein referred to as the Plant Room (No 1). The dusty will exhaust outside, and downwind. The dusty is controlled via remote.

I have manufactured my breathing device, witnessed by your good self. The air is drawn from outside, upwind and the opposite side of the shed. I breathe clean filtered cool air. This system works very well.

Lastly, I have microlene in the workshop for the very fine dust, although, with the new configuration of the workshop, I may not require it.

And of course, you are most welcome to visit and inspect
    Cheers
    Willy
    Jarrahland

Default The shed now has a garage door

Hello All

I have recently had the garage door installed on the shed. The garage door is manufactured by Gryphon Doors, a great play on names from Harry Potter. Gryphon were chosen after a review of other companies, but the two big things for me were the price, and the fact that they make and sell their door, vice going through distributors

I requested it to match the colour of the roof, two wireless controllers for vehicles, a wireless for local control and a keypad for codes to allow other people in if required.

The door operation was unbelievably quiet, very well installed. Overall, I would highly recommend Gryphon Doors (not sure if they are in the East though)
    Cheers
    Willy
    Attached Images Attached Images

The only problem that I can see with it Willy, is that it's not in my backyard . What's the security code number please.
    Nice set up by the way.

empty shed = blank canvas = lucky barsteward
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Quote Originally Posted by KBs PensNmore View Post
    The only problem that I can see with it Willy, is that it's not in my backyard . What's the security code number please.
    Nice set up by the way.
    Can't really say much more than that Willy.

Default The code

Quote Originally Posted by KBs PensNmore View Post
    Nice set up by the way.
    I shall pass the code to you once you hand over all your burls. Okay, The code is 'Agent 86'

Willy

Default Shed is now Secure

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen

Not much has been happening, either shocking weather, too busy elsewhere or work

The bricky is still to complete the last of the internal piers. This has slowed some things as I have piles of bricks inside the shed area and I cannot build workbenches until all the piers are completed.

What I have done, is slashed the block of all weeds.

Tidied up and put all the rubble, rubble and crap that accumulates on a building site through 3 of my neighbours bins plus my own

Lastly, I have stained the doors (with Sikkens, 3 coats) and had them hung. A double door made from timber and glass, entrance doors, two internal doors and two 1200mm doors which are metal skinned for the wood turning area. I have fitted all the locks, panic bolts and bolts. The A/C will sit in the wall eventually, but I have boarded it for now. If I shut the roller door now, the place is at lockup.
    I will leave it open so the bricky can gain access whenever he wants. There is nothing valubale left done at the site yet.
    Cheers
    Willy
    Jarrahland

Default The ute fits in the Shed

Good Afternoon all

Lastly, I drove the ute into the shed for the first time, a little tighter than I thought lengthwise but all is good.

I just noticed my previous thread appears as though I have installed the panic bolts on an angle, this is not the case, they are installed correctly

Cheers
    Willy

Willy

I looked at the newspaper in those double doors and immediately thought,

"Ooops the shed has gone overbudget and he will put some glass in when funds become available."

Then I though that perhaps there was some spray painting or varnishing wastaking place.

Either way, very impressive entrance: Very impressive shed.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

Hi willy,
    Looking good, now i am really jealous
    Cheers smiife

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    Willy

I looked at the newspaper in those double doors and immediately thought,

"Ooops the shed has gone overbudget and he will put some glass in when funds become available."

Then I though that perhaps there was some spray painting or varnishing wastaking place.

Either way, very impressive entrance: Very impressive shed.

Regards
    Paul
    and I thought it was some funky leadlighting
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Nice shed!

Love the Top Turn, I picked one up a couple months back and am loving it!