Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default remaking Hercus parts

As you may have noticed, from the amount of time it is taking with some of the parts, the reverse engineering of these parts is an expensive and time consuming exercise, when it has to be done through the engineering companies and I simply don't have enough time to do it all myself. I would be interested in anyone who feels they can contribute in some way towards the saving of these machines by making as much as is possible available to owners seeking to restore Hercus machines.
    Although several members are already contributing, more help would be appreciated. If any members feels they are capable of making parts that are true to the original design and of good quality, please get involved. All I want is your skills, materials and castings will be supplied. Please get in touch with me via the contact info below. As has been mentioned by several people, I could send the manufacturing offshore and get them made cheaply in China or India etc, I would prefer this was not necessary.
    Don't expect to make a fortune doing this, as it just won't happen. I do not expect people to contribute their time and energy without reward but remember, the market that supported exalted prices for these parts is long gone. The fast majority of the remaining machines are now in private workshops, a good number of the owners of these do not have the means to afford the real market cost of parts, so costs need to be kept to a minimum. Members who have functioning engineering concerns with the time to contribute in some small way, would be the ideal candidates, retired toolmakers, machinist, mechanical draftsman, industrial sparkies also have skills that could be put to good use. I am currently seeking someone who can produce worms and wormgears for the a model aprons at a price that is affordable.
    The result of not making these things available is the distruction of even more machines to keep the remaining ones going, this can't be allowed to happen. Since starting this project over one hundred machines have been wrecked and that's only the ones I've heard of, I am guilty of the same thing myself as it's been unavoidable in the past. God knows how many others have gone. Obvously it can't all be stopped, as there will always be people who don't care.
    Mal

contact info: [email protected]
    mobile 0438466008

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Where are the volunteers?

Struth Mal, it's a bit disappointing that no one has put their hand up yet.

You can always count on me for cad work, as you know.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by neksmerj View Post
    Struth Mal, it's a bit disappointing that no one has put their hand up yet.

You can always count on me for cad work, as you know.

Ken
    Hi Ken,
    Thanks, the way my drafting skills are progressing, that's a real possibility.