Hello there!

Back in 2009 there was a thread on shop-made table saws in which I supplied information and pictures of my own version. At that time I stated that the saw was constantly upgraded in quest for better performance, safety, ease of use, and so forth.

Well, true to my statement, the saw got an important improvement a few months ago. After contemplating in awe to such beauties produced by Felder, Altendorf, Rojek, etc. (well out of my price range, BTW) I decided to have a go at replicating as many features of those saws as possible, albeit in a simple manner using common techniques and materials.

The final outcome has more than fulfilled my expectations. While precision still remains about the same as before, operation, general performance, ease of use and safety were considerably improved. There is a logical limit to the expected precision from a shop-made, mostly wooden, machine. However, I have found my saw will offer enough quality of cut for normal woodworking.

The mods mainly revolve around a new design for the sliding table and the addition of an outrigger. The original sliding table failed to perform smoothly enough and it was difficult to build and adjust. The new design addressed all these shortcomings and is fairly easy to build. I also has more capacity and runs very smoothly.

I include a few pictures to whet your appetite. There is much more to see and read at the following link to Dropbox. The complete illustrated story of the machine from its start to the present state was written in answer to the many quests received during these years.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w132d7abi...QP4DNcPSa?dl=0

I hope you find this material interesting and hasten to invite queries at your leisure. Glad to help anyone considering a similar project!

Cheers!

Hector Acevedo
Montevideo - Uruguay

P1030041.JPGP1030042.JPGP1030043.JPGP1030047.JPGP1030048.JPG