Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Help with Cigweld TransTig 275 Series 2 AC/DC/HF- manual required please

Help! I have recently moved my workshop with lots of 'help' from other people... which means I have no idea where anything is. I had the manual for my Transtig 275 on a memory stick. Despite many sessions of 'Shed Tetris', its whereabouts remain unknown.

Specifically, I need the page with the different connections for different voltages. I need to change the input voltage from 415 to 440 volts so I can run it on the two phase in the new shed (460 volts... but according to the techies at CIG this is within the 10% supply variation).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I've turned up nothing in my searches. Have you tried emailing Cigweld? Try taking the covers off your machine to have a look. Many machines have the connection diagram printed internally on the covers or nearby.
    Naturally, you will have the machine unplugged when you do this.
    It's a pity that more manufacturers aren't like Lincoln who make their manuals easily accessible online.

You _could_ try one of the american forums, like millerwelds or weldingweb. Isn't your machine a rebadged Miller? Although for a voltage question like this they might not be much help. There's a Canadian guy on those forums called "cruizer" who repairs Millers and is forthcoming with information - he could be a likely help.

If its not in here it may be close enough

http://www.murexwelding.co.uk/mrxcon...ionmanuals.htm

This is from list but listed as Transtig AC/DC 275 /375 but no mention of a series 2

Parts Manual http://www.murexwelding.co.uk/manual...C275S-375S.pdf

Instruction Manual http://www.murexwelding.co.uk/manual...C275S-375S.pdf - Mains input selection links are on page 6

Grahame

Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks anyway Grahame, but I don't think the Murex connections are much good, from memory the CIG unit has a different layout with various combinations of horizontal and vertical bridging bars for different input voltages. I'll have a look inside the panel (I didn't think of that TBH) failing that I'll contact CIG tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Robbers View Post
    Try taking the covers off your machine to have a look. Many machines have the connection diagram printed internally on the covers or nearby.
    While waiting for the Bathurst track repair I went and had a look under the cover of the voltage connectors and lo and behold, there is a sticker on the inside of the cover flap.

Thanks Karl, you are a genius! I think a bloke forgets how simple some things can be when many people and companies do their best to make everything over-complicated.

I have a copy of this manual around somewhere if you still want it for other information.

Cheers

Default Transtig 275 operating manual

Better late than never. Hope this helps

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files