Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Adept Lathe Accessories

A while back I posted some photos of a Super Adept lathe accompanied by most of its accessories - https://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...39#post1617339 and then a few weeks ago a forum member contacted me with a request for some photos and measurements of the bitty angle plate and steady rest. Well, I produced a sketch of the items and took a number of photos only to find out that it wasn't the steady that was of interest but the tiny hand rest. So today I drew up the rest. Now, given that these items are pretty thin on the ground and even if the interest in them is thinner I thought I would post the documentation here in case someone somewhere might be keen to augment his accessory collection. Who knows?

BT.

Edit ... The 3/16" BSW thread shown on the hand rest body casting is incorrect. It is 1/4" BSW.

Adept 1.jpgIMG_3488%20(Large).JPGIMG_3491%20(Large).JPGIMG_3493%20(Large).JPGIMG_3472%20(Large).JPGIMG_3473%20(Large).JPGIMG_3475%20(Large).JPGIMG_3480%20(Large).JPGIMG_3478%20(Large).JPGIMG_3485%20(Large).JPGIMG_3484%20(Large).JPGAdept 2.jpg
    Last edited by Anorak Bob; 24th October 2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Error

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I like your attitude, Bob.
    Who knows what info might be useful to someone?
    Well done.

Jordan

Default The Adept.

Hi BT,
    I'm lucky to have a similar one, & it a bit to late to check it out now, but I will.

I'm almost certain mine does not have the Screw Cutter on it.
    I have 2 Chucks, the same as yours. I saw one at the Model Engineering Show at Monash Uni, & copied all the Info about it. Must have taken me 30 mins.

Bought it at a Deceased Estate, nobody was very interested, so I bought it for $61. Had it a few years now, & I'm a " Gunna", as I'm always going to get it going.
    Have a Sewing Machine Motor & all, but ???.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Have Lathe, Wood Travel.