Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by RustyArc View Post
    I hired one of those Cat 1.8 tonne machines a year or so ago and the slew started slipping about a day into the job - I wonder if it's specific to that machine? That said, I'm guessing my machine had been "driven like a rental" including the odd (or many) slew turn.
    The first slew ring change I did was due to damage when a woman thought she could slowly cruise across a freeway into the path of my little truck.

I got 7 years of use out of that slew ring change and my excavator is my business so it gets a lot of use and gets used hard. Most of the time is spent with the blade at the front so the same few teeth is always in engagement. Those few teeth eventually wear to a knife point and finally start chipping. The rest of the teeth seem to have hardly any wear. The pinion has only 12 teeth whereas the slew ring has 110 so generally the pinion wears out first then that damages the few worn slew ring teeth. I was amazed how far the pinion can wear before you actually get slipping (attached picture).

Keith.

WORN PINION 3.jpg

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Is it possible to move the slew ring around a bit, so that the worst worn section is elsewhere? Bit like a ring gear on a car engine! I realise you've still got to dismantle it, but thought that it might save about a grand or so.
    Kryn

Default Kitchen bench with shelf/drawers

Fabbing up a kitchen bench to go alongside an existing one.

scrap rhs.

fluxcore fab shield 23 .9mm self shielded .

minimal prep, not much grinding, just cut and weld mostly .....smooth off........will have a wooden top and lined shelf/drawers underneath.

its wearing high heals : )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some grates for a cattle truck..

each square is approx 260mm square... All 16mm deformed bar.. over 200 individual pieces in this lot... Being about to cut 13 pieces of bar at once int he bandsaw made things go a bit quicker.... Back is a bit sore from bending over all day when welding them together...

20150725_173128.jpg 20150725_173111.jpg
    Light red, the colour of choice for the discerning man.

Default Busy day.

Today I welded ttogether the main frame for a recumbent I'm building. This one is a two wheeler, 12 years ago I built the tadpole frame you can see hanging from the roof and before that two other tadpoles and a two wheeler. I used the tadpole almost daily for about 10 years before hanging it from the roof. Nothing wrong with it but I just bought a Fluid Renegade which I use most days now. The recumbent Irame is made from 30mm x 1.6 duragal RHS, why? Because I had some in the rack. Steering stem was turned down from a solid lump of 38 mm steel to accept older style bearing cups. I' ve also mounted a bracket for the intermediate cassette and kickstand, shaped and welded the rear axle brackets and tacked an extension onto the stem for the bars I'll bend up tomorrow, Still deciding on whether to triangulate/ bace the rear forks. I Still have to mount a bottom bracket to the boom but first I have to find an MTB frame from which to cut one. I also have to extend the seat back and weld on a mirriad of tabs for deraileurs, chain guides, seat and what not. Not to mention turn down a hub for the front wheel and a heap of nylon chain guides, lace up some matching rims, make up a couple of super long chains, etc, etc, etc. The hardest part was lining everything up so the wheels tracked and hung straight, ensuring the two cassettes and chain wheels also tracked sraight and trying to line up the stem - it took hours...
    Attached Images Attached Images

They fitted really well... Considering I never had the truck to check when making them.. Another good RC colour scheme as well

20150728_161633.jpg
    Light red, the colour of choice for the discerning man.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234