Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Fein Multimaster cordless

http://www.fein.com.au/en_au/oscilla...aster-0297163/
    Seen one of this tools in a cash convertor. It appears to be new, has his case and all the goodies in it.
    Considering Sydney Tools has it for $500 and here it is up for $300, I was wondering if someone has used it.

I have seen the mains one in use and it is very powerful at 350W. They have another version of mains one at 250W and it is only $300 new, soo... Is it worth it to pay the same as a new small one for the cordless one and no warranty ... well 3 month from CC. It is new though. I wonder if Feins warranty would apply...
    Anyway, is this tool any good to spend $300 on it?
    “We often contradict an opinion for no other reason
    than that we do not like the tone in which it is expressed.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I have one of these.
    It is an extremely good bit of kit.
    I use mine a lot. If you only need it for occasional use, it's expensive, but I've never regretted buying a quality tool.
    I have 2 feins, this one and an older (12 or so yrs) corded one. Neither have ever missed a beat.
    In that time I have destroyed 2 Boschs... just to put it in perspective.
    The fact that it is at CC's might raise the question are you buying someone else's problem?
    cheers,
    TM

My wife bought one for me about 14 years ago. It was about $500 then! I scolded her when she told me the price but....it is such a great machine!!!! I don't use mine every day but when I do use it, it does its own thing very well and probably better than any other tool. It is especially good for cutting plaster cornice when fitting a cupboard to a wall. The sanding attachment gets you into tight spaces and does a very good job.
    In summary yes they are a good tool. I think that Fien are over priced. I don't know if the cheaper ones will last the distance though. I think if I was looking at one now, I would be considering a cordless one. Being cordless it would get you into another dimension of its its ability to to tackle any job.
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

I've got one of the 350w Fein tools and it's brilliant.

My only concern with a cordless version, for me, is that the Fein is something that is invaluable occasionally. I'll find I'm doing a job and hit a problem that only the Fein will fix, so you need it there and then. Be a bugger if I suddenly needed it and the battery was flat.

Back when I was fitting kitchens I'd have had it charging all the time, but now I don't.

Until you have such a tool you will not know how much use you will have for it.

I have a corded Bosch (that replaced a Bosch that died) and a cordless Makita. Most of the time I am lazy and pick up the cordless although all my blades and sandpapers are in the Bosch box.

As with any cordless tool, one of my concerns would be the condition of the battery (and perhaps the charger). If Cash Converters warranty cover these then it may well be a great buy.

Thank you guys for all the answers. I know the quality of Feins tools. I scored another Fein in the same cash convertors, a magnetic base drill priced well over $1700 for some $300. (How quickly we forget the price we paid) That was well used and needed a few parts, but is now as good as new for not much more. This multitool however is clearly new, never seen a days work. The second battery still in wrappings and the charger as well. It has a box with the usual allen key and stuff, a flexible guard or shield of sort, but no blades, so I guess I am up for blades that are probably not cheap.
    I'll check today to see if it is still there. May be there are some blades in the little box inside.
    “We often contradict an opinion for no other reason
    than that we do not like the tone in which it is expressed.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

I found a festool sander at CC thought that it was OK except for the price so I made them an offer which they accepted. If it's new at half price but I have found that they are always open to offers on unusual stock