Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Transmig 195 gun

hi guys
    looking to replace/upgrade my transmig 195 mig torch gun
    quick internet search is telling me that its a standalone gun designed for that unit, ie doesn't have euro fitting
    does anyone know if it is replacable?
    thanks

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

It will most probably be a Tweco No.4 with a direct fitting. They are readily available or possibly a better option is an adaptor to convert them to a Euro fitting.
    Be careful of the cheap ebay Binzel copies, many of them are pretty ordinary quality. Possibly the best value at present are the Tweco and Binzel types sold by Lincoln at present.

Euro adapter here:

http://www.jaymac.net.au/Brochures/JAYMAC_sec3.1.pdf

scroll to p 21

thanks for the replies guys
    i dont think it is a direct fitting? it is however a tweco gun but without any other markings..
    adapter may be the only solution
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Robbers View Post
    It will most probably be a Tweco No.4 with a direct fitting. They are readily available or possibly a better option is an adaptor to convert them to a Euro fitting.
    Be careful of the cheap ebay Binzel copies, many of them are pretty ordinary quality. Possibly the best value at present are the Tweco and Binzel types sold by Lincoln at present.
    yes it is a direct fitting but i cannot identify the gun.. it has tweco stamped but no ID numbers

Quote Originally Posted by bwah View Post
    yes it is a direct fitting but i cannot identify the gun.. it has tweco stamped but no ID numbers
    Let's take a step back and ask why you need to change your mig gun. Is it broken or do you want a different type of gun?
    If it is broken, you can buy spare parts if you desire.
    A fairly reliable way to identify a No.2 and a No.4 is the nozzle. Most commonly, but not always, the No.4 has screw on/off nozzles and the No.2 has push on, pull off nozzles.
    When choosing a mig gun, all you really need to consider is the amperage capacity of your machine, the connection type, (easily remedied with an adaptor), length of cable required and what size wire you will want to run. In your case a Binzel MB24, MB36, Tweco No.2 or 4 or a Bernard 200-300A will all fit the bill depending on your usage and preferences. If lighter type work is your main pursuit, then the smaller guns will serve you best while there may be a small advantage in the bigger guns if you spend most of your time cranked up in the higher ranges. The Binzel guns will require an adaptor, but the other two brands offer the direct connection the same as you have.
    Personally, I would fit a Euro adaptor, which is effectivelt the industry standard fitting and then you would be set for whatever gun/s you want in future. For example, if you do both steel and ally work, you can have a gun set up for ally and one for steel and swap them at will.

I converted the same mig but with a wire feeder and 350 amp tweco gun. I bought the euro fitting from ebay for around $30 and a complete 4 meter binzel style torch for around $70 and am really happy with the lighter gun. I also upgraded my little 170 amp carry around mig as well because it had a fixed gun that was crap.
    Using Tapatalk