Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Toy pricing

Default Toy pricing

Hi
    I want to sell some of toys. if someone can help me about pricing many thx, I mean no over estimate or under estimate. I have posted some of racing cars earlier. all approx over 200mm long.
    Thx
    WASI
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi Wasi,

Good looking toys. Before deciding on what price you should put on them you need to decide where you are going to sell them. If you do not choose your sales outlet correctly they will either not sell or will be sold for well under value. As an example there is no point taking this quality work along to a trash and treasure type set up as the buyers are looking for dirt cheap and even with the high quality product you are trying to sell you will be lucky to get $10 each.

In my opinion Ebay has now had its day and has been reconfigured more for merchant "buy it now" sales (similar to Amazon) so small craft sellers have been pushed out. The other alternative, Gumtree, is basically the on line trash and treasure market (not knocking it as I often find a bargain to buy!).

In my opinion you should be trying to target high end craft type markets or the likes of Etsy. With wooden toys it isn't a bad idea to try and target the Steiner School groups ..... they love timber toys and if you can find a Steiner school you might be lucky enough to be able to get a stall at a market or open day sort of thing. From my experience getting the right venue to sell at is just as important as the quality of the finished product. Whilst you might not be trying to retire on your earnings you also don't want to end up paying to get them off your hands.
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

I've got my lazy boots on tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stinkalot View Post
    Etsy...Steiner School groups
    BIG TIME with the the Steiner schools...even if they're far away....

Send any schools anywhere some images and say "howzaboutit?" and see what happens

Oh, and no comment on the pricing (I'm rubbish at that)...just don't take wooden dollars in return
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day Wasi, For the quality of the finish on your toys you'd have to ask $20 for the smaller racers to $50 for the trucks; maybe even offer multi-buy discount... Do a search in the toymaking section for Cooroy Toymaker as he and the club he belongs to sell wooden toys regularly.. I hope that's some assistance, Cheers, crowie