Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mobyturns is offline In An Instant Your Life Can Change Forever

Quote Originally Posted by colbra View Post
    First off I would like to thank everyone for their help and advice on purchasing a new wood work lathe.

The next part of my thread is a little surprising I contacted the following companies the first being major wood working they had no stock did not know much about the product, advised to contact trend timbers.
    Contacted trend timbers sales person did not know much about wood lathes but would get someone to ring back, that did not happen.
    I then rang Carrols wood turning Jim was busy with a customer and would ring me back still waiting Jim, finely rang good old carbatec put on hold for 20 minutes told what a great company they were on a recorded message and then I hung up totally Pi……. Off with the whole Idea of buying a new wood lathe so I shall keep my little Delta Midi wood lathe and save a couple of thousand dollars.

colbra

Maybe they all did you a favour. Now you won't just rush in and buy a lathe. Knowing a bit about how a company treats its customers is quite valuable. Personally I would not buy Nova / Teknatool - not because of their product quality but because they treated me so poorly when I attempted to source parts for a dying VS on my Nova Mercury lathe a few years ago.
    Mobyturns

In An Instant Your Life CanChange Forever

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Surprised Jim didn't ring you back

anyway

I've the DVR XP
    if you were down this way I'd invite you to come around and kick the tyres

anyway

I'm generally happy with it - a knob might be better than a keypad but I'm used to the keypad and I like the 5 programmable settings (well 4 actually as the starting 500 revs is unchangeable)
    I like the range of speed and the not having to play with belts and no belt slippage
    the motor is really strong and vibration free

I haven't had the discussed problem with banjo slip

I've got the cast iron legs which I doubt are the subject of the flimsy complaint
    In my opinion the legs on the left side are in the wrong place - but I think that is the same with all lathes - anyway I rectified mine (there's a thread somewhere)

my only real gripe is that there is a bit of play in the tailstock sitting on the bed - it's a right pain in the ...
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Default Regarding Call back

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Carroll View Post
    Col did call you back and left a message after your message indicated that you were having a beer.
    Hi Jim My apology please I would have used my phone and left the wrong number to call back I will call you back in the morning .

Colbra
    May your saw stay sharp and your nails never bend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12