Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Do you thing I would be better off getting the earthworks done first? I know the boundaries around here are off by maybe 100-150mm so I could just get them to extend the earthworks by 200mm either side?
    Wouldn't hurt.....if you get the earthworks done after, chances are they will destroy or move the profiles.

No approval needed for shifting soil. Give your self enough lea way for the shed location, get the earthworks done and erect the profiles. Make sure the profiles are about 1.0m offset out from outside of proposed shed except for the ones against the boundary. Put them just inside your boundary so as not to off the neighbour. No need to poke the bear

Just for interest sake...what are the initials of the Surveyor/Surveying Company that you are getting...not full name, just initials.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by skot View Post
    Wouldn't hurt.....if you get the earthworks done after, chances are they will destroy or move the profiles.

No approval needed for shifting soil. Give your self enough lea way for the shed location, get the earthworks done and erect the profiles. Make sure the profiles are about 1.0m offset out from outside of proposed shed except for the ones against the boundary. Put them just inside your boundary so as not to off the neighbour. No need to poke the bear

Just for interest sake...what are the initials of the Surveyor/Surveying Company that you are getting...not full name, just initials.
    WD. They were recommended to me by a local developer.

Wilson Deller....they do a lot of work on the Peninsular and surrounds.....they're good surveyors

Woo hoo, just got the written approval from Brisbance City Council and the certifiers! Might have to crack a bottle of bubbles tonight!

I feel like emailing a copy to the neighbors estate, but I think I might focus on getting this shed up ASAP.

Maybe its time to start a new thread with my shed build!

I was talking to my other neighbor yesterday. Said to him I got verbal approval from council but was still waiting for written conformation. I have neglected the backyard since we moved in knowing damn well that its going to be dug up and re-organised. Its looking like a rental in low socio-econimc area, all I need is a few car bodies to top it off and some screaming feral kids out there! Anyway, when I mentioned to the neighbor that its all happening soon, and the yard is going to be excavated and cleaned up he reckoned that was good for everyone in the street!

Congratulations. I've been silently following your effort for some time now. As to your low SEC decorations, have you thought of decorating one of your trees with an engine block dangling from one of the limbs by a chain? Works best if it over a bare spot that is saturated with motor oil.

Great news, now you can get on with building the shed. After that you can sit back and watch Karma screw over your neighbour.

I loved this comment you made.....: I never said I would oppose them but the town planner got his nose out of joint immediately.

maybe its why you got the nod!

Karma is a BITCH!!!

Default Good result

Glad everything has been resolved in your favour. Now you can get on with planning and building the shed. Looking forward to following your progress.

Alan...

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I loved this comment you made.....: I never said I would oppose them but the town planner got his nose out of joint immediately.

maybe its why you got the nod!

Karma is a BITCH!!!
    Had the neighbour's estate not opposed my siting variation, I would never have know their plans. I checked the BCC website to see the status of their application tonight. I had checked it prior so I know the demolition submission was rejected, but I also noted tonight that the submissions that the neighbour's and I made had been accepted. Further to that BCC have acknowledged the both houses on the neighbouring block have heritage value and that both were constructed prior to 1947.

Anyway, I have my approval now. I will support the neighbour on the opposite side if he challenges any developments, but I dont think I will personally go after them anymore. I have better things to do now!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearo View Post
    I have already received a quote from the surveyor. They will mark all the boundaries and will place corner pegs and line markers. I am also going to request the put a second mark in at the opposite end of the shed from the rear boundary.

Do you thing I would be better off getting the earthworks done first? I know the boundaries around here are off by maybe 100-150mm so I could just get them to extend the earthworks by 200mm either side?

I will cross that bridge when I get there!! The plan is to fit R3.0 blanket. Nothing less will suffice in Brisbane. This is the stuff I am thinking about: http://thermostruct.com.au/portfolio...ium-duty-foil/

The shed will have a sealed ceiling/mezzanine so that I can store all my camping gear above it. I am not entirely sure how I can make access to it and keep it sealed, but I will figure something out.

I am not sure about whirly birds, and this is something that I have been meaning to bounce of BobL. I plan to fit the dusty outside, so I am not sure what effect a whirly bird will have on the dusty performance. Once would assume that because a whirly bird is sucking that it probably wont impact on the performance, but I am not sure. I will try and seal off the ceiling so may not be an issue at all.

Floor is going to be epoxy painted concrete. Walls will be insulated with R3.0 batts also, although I am not sure how I am going to line the walls at this point. Possibly something like masonite. I can get a truckload off large packing crates, so maybe I can recycle them into wall linings! I would eventually like to put aircon in, but thats a long way off!!

One thing I would like to do with wall linings, is have a removable panel the whole way around the shed, so that if I decided to add/remove/change powerpoints etc I have easy access. No matter how well you plan this stuff you get to a point where you always wish you had done something slightly differently. For this reason, I would really like to make everything accessible at a later date. This may be as simple as just screwing all wall panels down. Not sure yet.
    Doesn't matter. Just offset your profiles and boundary points etc.. I've done 8m cuts before or after surveying. You just need a reference point and also a RL to work with. Sometimes we would "wing it" off an RL on the street and a quick tape check on the boundary fence then run off that for the earthworks and survey after and put in the walls or slabs then ditch the profiles and go for gold.

I'd line it in 12mm ply, screwed on. ceiling could be 10mm supaceil plasterboard. Run all your power and data in the wall and sheet over.. if you're going to go GPO happy consider running 2 circuits to the garage. You can usually run 10 double GPO's per circuit from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebbo View Post
    Doesn't matter. Just offset your profiles and boundary points etc.. I've done 8m cuts before or after surveying. You just need a reference point and also a RL to work with. Sometimes we would "wing it" off an RL on the street and a quick tape check on the boundary fence then run off that for the earthworks and survey after and put in the walls or slabs then ditch the profiles and go for gold.

I'd line it in 12mm ply, screwed on. ceiling could be 10mm supaceil plasterboard. Run all your power and data in the wall and sheet over.. if you're going to go GPO happy consider running 2 circuits to the garage. You can usually run 10 double GPO's per circuit from memory.
    Surveyors reckon get earthworks done first so that any pegs are not disturbed.

WRT to power, I am a sparky by trade but well retired from it. I will be running cable from the meter box suitable for a 3 phase and will set up a subboard in the shed. I will worry about GPO's once the shed is done. All I care about at this stage is getting the shed build. The rest will come in time!

Once the first sod is turned, I will take pics and start a new thread!

Subscribed to keep track of your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Subscribed to keep track of your progress.
    I just started a new thread for the shed build here: https://www.woodworkforums.com/f245/shed-build-finally-191673

The neighbors town planner has just requested a copy of the Brisbane City Council approval for the shed. Not sure if I have any legal obligation to provide it, but I am just going to ignore his request for now.

Great thing about BCC, is they is no appeal process for the neighbour with regards to my approval!

I don't think you are under any obligation to show him anything.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast