Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Rust Removal

Rust removal is a big topic. There is a hot rod builder in Victoria on utube who uses a large tanks to remove rust from panels with molasses.

I'm keen on grit blasting or using the wire wheel and good old elbow grease. I'll keep you posted.

Goggomobiles have common chassis with different size engines. Bill Buckle made Goggos at his Punchbowl factory in Sydney under licence from Hans Glas, Germany in the 1950 - 60s. Bill made his own bodies out of fibre glass instead of steel as were Goggos in Europe. The Dart was Bills invention and totally fibre glass ... What a great Australian story. The body reno maybe another thread.

Randal

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Molasses as a rust remover

hi all

if you Google rust removal using molasses there many hits .. Some people use it for antique repare and others for hot rod building. Here is a chap in Victoria who has a good utube of how he removes rust from car panels ..

http://youtu.be/8-gBAjEga1s

I had a play yesterday with 20 litres of molasses .. I tell you it makes the shed smell like a sugar refinery / golden syrup factory and gee it is as sticky as all $/#%^%# .. Got it every where .. Even the dog had a play in it .. I put some rusty stuff in the drum and will see how we go .. I'll keep you posted. Live and learn.

Still I'm going sand blast, wire wheel and elbow grease on the Goggo

Randal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12