Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Guys I sat down at smoko and started to write a reply but my eyes started to well up and i had to abort mission as my boss was coming into the room. I am overwhelmed at your generosity and support. I was by no means soliciting finacial support.

I thank you all

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Dave, no reply required.

Just PM me the bank details and it is on it's way - I understand the time constraints you have.
    Regards,
    Bob

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Ditto.

Send me details in a PM.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

And me to please Dave, no thanks needed
    The person who never made a mistake never made anything

Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    I am overwhelmed at your generosity and support. I was by no means soliciting finacial support.
    Hi Dave. I know you were not soliciting financial support, but you have been missing work and hence payment. I have been in similar positions to what you are in now.

I was running my own business 13 years ago when my wife passed away. I had to stop working for a couple of weeks and as a one-man business that meant no income. I had money in the bank and would have been alright, but people's generosity overwhelmed me.

Many of my friends, casual acquaintances and even relative strangers were very generous. I used to attend a local market to pubilcise my business and knew many of the other stall-holders. One of the Fruit and Vege sellers come over to me with two big boxes of prime vegies, not leftovers that he could not sell. This was at the start of the market. He said "take these. you will have all the relations to feed when they come to town." He also pressed a $20 note into my hand. Other stallholders also provided material support. A lady I barely knew turned up at the house with a cooked meal for me and the three teenage kids.

All I am doing is remembering the kindness that was extended to me and passing it on now that I am not the one in need. I have done it before and I will do it again.

Two years ago when I lost my 5-year-old granddaughter a member of this forum extended a wonderful act of kindness that i had not expected. He did this privately so I will not name him or specify what he did but I had never had any dealings with this gentleman before or since, but his kindness and generosity is still remembered and appreciated.

No thanks are needed Dave. I have only met you a couple of times and I am sure you are a decent person. One day when you are in a position to do so I am sure you will pass on the batten to another person in need at the time. When you know you need the money, PM me your bank details and I will send the money as soon as I can.

Cheers

Doug
    I got sick of sitting around doing nothing - so I took up meditation.

Tonight I sent a link for this thread to my wife. As she read all the various posts she went through a full range of emotions.

When finished one of her comments was "WOW! You have real woodworking family. I wish I had something like that."

I am left speechless by everyones generosity. Bushmiller has volunteered to send my details to all that offered help. If anyone else wants thoae details or is inadvertently overlooked you can PM him.

Today I got these messages from my Sister In Law

"Just spoke with the doctor. She said ..... people should see him ASAP because he will be less and less conscious."

"The head nurse just called me in to sign his resuscitation directive incase anything happens over the weekend.

She says no more than one week."

I will keep close tabs of how he is going but expect likely to be heading that way by Sunday.

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

Default Help required for Dave

To all the readers of this thread:

I have taken the liberty of offering to pass on Dave's banking details to anybody who would like to offer a donation. Just PM me and I will forward his bank details. I don't need to know anything more than that and whatever you are able to contribute I know will be gratefully appreciated.

Dave also mentioned that he has trouble keeping capacity in his mail box and already I have been unable to reply to him (Dave, clear some mail out!)

Many of you know Dave personally and the extent to which he puts himself out to support various Forum sanctioned functions. Many of you also know how he has supported various members of his extended family including his brother's children as well as his own large family. He is not somebody with unlimited funds: In fact quite the contrary, but he is there for them. It is very emotional to see people step up and offer support when he needs it.

I know we don't expect re-payment, but the way I see it is that one day we may be in Dave's unenviable predicament and I hope that somebody will be there for us.

So Forumites: Whatever you can do.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    I have taken the liberty of offering to pass on Dave's banking details to anybody who would like to offer a donation. Just PM me and I will forward his bank details. I don't need to know anything more than that and whatever you are able to contribute I know will be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks Paul,

I started the ball rolling with the offer of a donation. When I did that I was hoping that others may follow suit. Having been in a similar position to Dave more than once in my life I have always appreciated any support I have been offered, and I know as well as anyone how humbling it can be when you get this kind of unsolicited support.

I know that not every forumite is in a position to help out but I am overjoyed to see as many as there are who put up their hand to follow my lead here.

Dave, at this moment you need to concentrate on your own immediate family and your brother's family. You have been great in taking on your brother's kids as if they were your own. Right now you are really only on the first mile of a long hard road. If I can take some of the bumps out of that road for you we are both richer for it.

Cheers

Doug
    I got sick of sitting around doing nothing - so I took up meditation.

Default Thinking of Dave

Hi Paul,
    Please send me the bank details too. I haven't commented on this thread previously, I think I'm better at entering account numbers and BSB numbers than putting the right words together. I can appreciate the difficult times Dave and his family are going through, and a suitable contribution from me and others will help ease some of the pain.
    I first met Dave at the WWWS last year, and enjoyed a fabulous weekend at his Jerilderee home with quite a few other forumites earlier this year. A nicer bloke and a nicer extended family you would have to travel many miles to meet.

Alan...

Thank you to all of you who have stepped up to assist Dave. Some have not posted here, but have still donated.

Congratulations to all of you. I will keep checking my inbox up till late morning, but will be out through the afternoon until this evening.

(Edit) I should add that more contributions will still be very helpful as I suspect accommodation near the hospital will not be cheap and I doubt there are enough funds to cover a stay of more than a day or two at the most.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    I should add that more contributions will still be very helpful as I suspect accommodation near the hospital will not be cheap and I doubt there are enough funds to cover a stay of more than a day or two at the most.

Regards
    Paul

I can fix that. Send me Dave's banking details when you get back online.

Latest news from my sister-in-law

"Timothy can't speak anymore and his breathing is becoming more erratic now."

Looks like I've missed tha chance to converse but I may stilk make it to talk to him. Organizing to go now

Thanks all for your support in every way

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

It seems sometimes when you think you are ready for a trip you just aint. Finally on the road and Raechell is driving the first leg. Sammy had an emergency toilet issue and as we were stopping she said she can wait 20 minutes. We'll see if we can stretch it Kerang. Nice clean toilets there.

We will do about 500km tonight and stop. It must be about 650km the second leg.

Just sent my boss a text. Ive only recently started the new job and have no entitlements to use up. This is the secind time he has let me take leave without pay in less than a month. Really dont want to loose this job as I like it.

Damn she cant wait 20 minutes, maybe a 5yr old just hasn't quite got the time concept lol

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

Dave the important thing is being there. Your presence at this time is worth more than any words.
    While your journey is important, arrive safely.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Back online and two more requests for banking details awaiting. All done.

Thanks men!

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;