Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Ozito, 250MM (10”) TABLE SAW (TSF-1210)

Hi folks, I purchased the above table saw from Bunnings a few weeks ago as I am on a very tight budget and have bought other Ozito product with varying success. Granted you pay peanuts you get monkeys or on this case a lemon. There is so much slop in the mitre gauge that it is impossible to get an accurate angle or cut. This is probably because it does not fit into the track snugly. The blade itself is 3-5mm off square from the front of the blade to the back of the blade. The rip fence moves when it is being used even in the locked position, and as for dust extraction that is almost non existent. In most cases I would take it back to the store for a refund however I intend to strip it down to basics and construct a timber saw bench using other brand power tools. I will endeavour to make sure that anyone I see or hear of purchasing this product finds out what a complete load of rubbish it is.

Stupid me.....

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

No!! You are not Stupid, as you have stated your on a tight budget, as all of us were at one stage of our woodworking learning curve. make the most of what you have and in he future you will be able to make a well informed buy.

as all ways have fun

Thanks for the review. Whilst the result might not be suprising, unless these items are reviewed you really do not know if they are any good, or even good value for money. So these kinds of reviews are very valuable. Certainly to me.

I was tempted (past tense now).

regards

You are not the first guy that has had to get by with a less than perfect saw. I had a ryobi for about 10 years and managed to get a lot of work out of it. Ive attached a couple of items for ideas.
    You will have to get the blade aligned with the table slots as a first fix before anything esle can be done. I dont know that saw but if the trunion assembly is bolted or screwed to the underside of the top then by slightly loosening those bolts/screws the whole saw can be pivoted to line up the blade with the slots. You can bolt a wood face on the fence and then use a clamp to hold the far end after locking in position. A crosscut sled can be made as well as all sorts of other jigs.
    Regards
    John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_O9AeQQHc

https://www.woodgears.ca/table_saw/index.html

Default Ozito table saw.

Well fortunately since my last post the thing died a slow and painful death. One side of the tabletop bent out of shape, the angle locking handle snapped off and the only way to make it run was to hold in the start button. As far as I am aware it is now either landfill or being turned into razor blades (cheap ones). Bunnings gave me a full refund and with a couple of extra beer vouchers I got the new Ryobi version which so far has turned out to be a ripper....

Quote Originally Posted by jdritchie View Post
    Well fortunately since my last post the thing died a slow and painful death. One side of the tabletop bent out of shape, the angle locking handle snapped off and the only way to make it run was to hold in the start button. As far as I am aware it is now either landfill or being turned into razor blades (cheap ones). Bunnings gave me a full refund and with a couple of extra beer vouchers I got the new Ryobi version which so far has turned out to be a ripper....
    I had a ryobi table saw. It was the one with the plastic base, so not sure if the same as yours. I have looked at many since and they all look similar. Anyway, the one I had was used and well abused. It sat for 12 months in the sailing club shed being used for stuff as well, right in the heart of salt air destroying conditions. I used it to do a truck load of work on a reno and managed to finally kill it. I am fairly confident its just the bearings, but I was on a time schedule and had to replace it. I still have the thing, and I promised it to a mate who is going to replace the bearings.

Anyway, if you dont want seized bearings the trick is to keep the machine clean. Sawdust is the best thing for soaking up oil and grease from bearings. A good dust out will keep the thing going for ever.

One last trick. If the fence wont stay square, use a clamp on the back to hold it tight once you have set it all up! Works a treat. I still use this in my bosch table saw and it works a treat!

Well fortunately since my last post the thing died a slow and painful death. ... I got the new Ryobi version which so far has turned out to be a ripper....
    My first table saw was the Ryobi BT3100 and it was great. Most surprisingly the fence locked square and was really stable. I never checked it but it always produced perfectly square cuts. It finally gave up the ghost after my son (who makes drums from solid wood) used it non-stop for about half an hour without a rest and damaged the contacts on the rotor. We cleaned it up but not perfectly and it wore out the brushes. Soon after I bought a second hand 10" Jet and I have never gotten back to it to repair it but I will eventually and either set it up with a permanent dado or some such or (most likely) just sell it. Not sure how much it will pull second hand but it is an extremely nice unit and in some ways is better than the Jet. To be honest I should sell both and get a nice new unit but I doubt that I could get enough second hand for both to buy what I want new .

If yours is anything like as good as mine you will not be disappointed but remember - make sure you rest the motor between cuts .

Quote Originally Posted by Yanis View Post
    It finally gave up the ghost after my son (who makes drums from solid wood) used it non-stop for about half an hour without a rest and damaged the contacts on the rotor.
    Mine got used for well more than an hour with out rest. Mine was used flat out for hours on end! She was a good table saw, did me proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearo View Post
    Mine got used for well more than an hour with out rest. Mine was used flat out for hours on end! She was a good table saw, did me proud.
    I don't doubt it but he was cutting Jarrah up to about 2" think continuously and it was already a long workout so it was already warm and was labouring the motor. I think the blade may have also been somewhat dull from cutting about a ton of Jarrah already. It started to make a horrid grinding noise. When I took the motor apart one of the contacts had bent out of shape. I cleanrd it up with some wet and dry but apparently not well enough.

I checked it last night and it is definitely the brushes. They are down to about 5 mm. I need to take the rotor out and clean it up some more and then get a pair of brushes. Sigh!.

Fortunately the majority of the timber I cut is Pine, with luck it should last a while. I need to make a sled so I can get neater cross cuts of my longer lengths of timber as the mitre gauge moves around a bit.

... the mitre gauge moves around a bit.
    Yes, I never used the mitre gauge. It just seemed too wobbly. I bought a crosscut mitre saw so that took care of that. The mitre arrangement looks really nice though so if you can get some way of tightening it up it should work well ... in theory. I used it mainly for laying floating floor in the early days and worked brilliantly for that. (That was before my son destroyed it.)

Pulled the armature out of my Royobi table saw yesterday. Two contacts on the armature have come out, and the field coil has clear signs of overheating. Darn!

Apparently Bunnings now have an exclusive deal with Royobi now so I have to order parts from them, however... I found another online supplier of parts, Toolspares so I will probably order form them. The will be $163 plus shipping. Worth it to get it working again.

Pulled the plug and ordered the spares. My brother is going to buy it for the cost of the spares, about $180 inc shipping. I think he will be pleased. I might do some samples and see how it stacks up now I am doing more refined woodwork as opposed to when I just used it for floating floor and odd jobs.

John