Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Choice of these two air compressors.

Looking at buying either of these two.

The larger,I have one very similar, already 'under house' bought second hand,but its a bit knocked around and needs refurbishment.

https://www.tradetools.com/product-r...ump-contractor

this smaller one

https://www.tradetools.com/product-r...v-twin-upright

Looks easier to move around,and transport in ute.But being a direct drive would be very noisy and last direct drive one I had (was a very cheap second hand one) vibrated its self to bits.

The larger looks harder to hump around,but does have better looking tyres than the one I currently have this size.

Maybe got for the bigger one,I like lots of out put it has.

Your thoughts please,thanks

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

My horizontal that I mentioned in the other thread you have running is about midway in size between the one in your first link and the 3.2HP 3 cylinder they show as an alternative at the bottom right corner of that page. As I said in the earlier thread, if you lift the loop handle too high to wheel it around, it the back end will very quickly come running at you and end up with the receiver vertical on the end dome, probably squashing your feet. I am 6'2", which probably contributes as If I stand upright to move it, the unit sits at about 40 deg and overbalances on to the rear dome. If you are a little height challenged this might not be an issue as the units would sit flatter while wheeling, but the unit in the first link is shorter in the body so it might be more prone to overbalance.

The unit in the second link certainly appears to be a step up from the bargain basement direct drive unit, but I suspect that it would be prone to overbalancing while being wheeled. Being direct drive, it will be more noisy than the belt drive of the first link.

Personally I suggest you visit a store that has them in stock and take both for a wheel around and find out how stable they are, you might get funny looks, but it is better than laying out a load of cash then discovering that the unit is not as mobile as you hope.
    I used to be an engineer, I'm not an engineer any more, but on the really good days I can remember when I was.

If it was me, I would pick the cast v twin. They last forever under normal conditions. I am not a lover of directdrive compressors, although they may have improved over the last 15 years or so.
    Check my facebook:rhbtimber

Default First one

That first one you showed looks like my Clisby 16cfm compressor. Have had mine since 1983, still going good. If it were me, would def go the cast twin cyclinder clone.

DD