Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Ledacraft vs Carbatech branded, same or different

I am on the prowl for some machinery and I was conparing the Ledacraft offerings with the Carbatech branded machinery and I discovered something - perhaps not unsurprising. They appear externally, except for the badges and colours, identical.

I was looking at the tablesaws, bandsaws and jointer and the panels are identical, the controls and adjustment levers are identical and specifications appear to be within a bees whisker of each other. There are some minor differences, for instance the 10" table saw on the Carbatech has an additional extension to the right.

This appears to be more than co-incidence? Does anyone know the facts? Do they both source their machines form the same factory or does Carbatech actually buy wholesale from Leedacraft?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I believe that many of them come out of the same factory. My Ledacraft Table Saw is an MJ2325B. The Carbatec one is MJ2325CT. There are many other brands with the MJ2325 system.
    They could also be copies made in different factories, but I think many are the same other than paint scheme.

That does not mean they are identical, as one company may request a different fence system or a slightly different motor etc. so it would pay to have a close look at any subtle differences.

Other than that it may come down to price and customer service.
    In my case, while I had been look at the new options, I found a good deal on this frum and went with a second hand model.

Good luck with your hunting.

Bauldy

The castings are often the same between Leda, Jet & a few other brands, as for cost reasons they are frequently sourced from the same supplier. (Probably chaiwanese... )

What's different is what's done with those castings. There are typically major differences in quality of assembly, machining (eg. milling of beds, tables, flutes, etc.) and the bolt-ons such as electrics and general fittings.

At first glance they may appear to be the same, but in practice they can be like chalk and cheese.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

According to Peter at the Melbourne Leda store, their machinery comes out of the exact same factory as Carbatec and other retailers. He says the paint, badges and prices are the only difference.