Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default And yet another cigar box uke.

Hi,
    I know ukes are starting to be 10 a penny on here but I know you all like the pictures. This one is for one of my fellow uke group members. Usual CBG construction and piezo pickup. Just one more on the order list to do then I can try something a bit different.
    Regards
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by orraloon View Post
    Hi,
    I know ukes are starting to be 10 a penny on here but I know you all like the pictures. This one is for one of my fellow uke group members. Usual CBG construction and piezo pickup. Just one more on the order list to do then I can try something a bit different.
    Regards
    John

looks very cute John. Love the beer caps too. I`m still waiting for my cartridge heater and then I`m starting a `kiku`. cheers, Graeme

Good one, what is the 'something different' going to be?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Been thinking on a couple of future projects. I,ve got hankerings for a banjo uke. Still mulling over ideas for the drum head. Resonators are another thing i have been having a think about. Also feeling I may be near ready to start on a real uke build one day. Waiting to see how Graeme goes with his cartridge heater bending thingie.
    Plenty ideas but a loose time frame.
    Regards
    John

I've played both a Banjo Uke & a Resonator Uke & they only suit a few songs, I'm not sold on them.

I like my Baritone Uke & I want to have a go at making a couple of real ukes one day.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by orraloon View Post
    Been thinking on a couple of future projects. I,ve got hankerings for a banjo uke. Still mulling over ideas for the drum head. Resonators are another thing i have been having a think about. Also feeling I may be near ready to start on a real uke build one day. Waiting to see how Graeme goes with his cartridge heater bending thingie.
    Plenty ideas but a loose time frame.
    Regards
    John
    the cartridge heater works like a charm. Heats up real quick and stays hot for a long time after the power is turned off. Cant wait to bend some sides....Have to attach a rheostat to vary the temp +..probably a fan switch.

Quote Originally Posted by doggadog View Post
    the cartridge heater works like a charm. Heats up real quick and stays hot for a long time after the power is turned off. Cant wait to bend some sides....Have to attach a rheostat to vary the temp +..probably a fan switch.
    Did I miss a post somewhere? Details?
    Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    Did I miss a post somewhere? Details?

nah Cliff. Earlier in this thread, I made a comment that I was waiting for a cartridge heater then later I said I had it and got it working....thats all....cheers, Graeme

A Stewmac one?
    Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    A Stewmac one?

nope....our friends in China..HK? (via ebay) about 12 bucks. Just the CH sleeve....140mm long, 220v, 550w, 16mm dia, 2 wires out the end. I used a steel pipe about 40-50mm dia and 175mm long. Packed it (around the CH) with al foil. Jammed it in with a stick...transfers the heat much better (I was told)....and it sure does. Welded some angle onto the end. Attached an earth wire and joined it to an old plug with some cord (from an old jug) using connectors. Very easy to do. Have to make sure that the earth is really good and I was also told to use a power safety cutoff thingy. It`s in my cartridge heater thread somewhere. All I want to do now is join in a rheostat...maybe from a fan...and that will provide variable heat. I`ll do that when I get home from NZ. cheers, Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by doggadog View Post
    ......It`s in my cartridge heater thread somewhere.....
    Right, that is what I missed.
    Cliff.