Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by CAG View Post
    A Ford in maroon: a Queenslander I'd guess,
    Take it back to the rubbish dump I would suggest,
    But Holden to your horses if you can,
    Take Trev up on his offer Pete, become an Outlaw man!
    You got right there Craig.... my blood is maroon and the red cross bottle it to help others a whole 184 pints of it..... ....

The Outlaw looks like a Ford T Bucket so it's way cool; anyone who's anyone would love one to drive and I'd try to be first in line....
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=F...w=1171&bih=690

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    The Outlaw looks like a Ford T Bucket so it's way cool; anyone who's anyone would love one to drive and I'd try to be first in line....
    Your pretty much on the money Peter the Outlaw's based on a T bucket, although Ed made his own buck to form the body and then cast a fibreglass shell.
    A 1950 Cadillac engine that Ed found in a junkyard is the power plant.
    Just a brilliant Hot Rod!

Cheers mate.

I put quite a few hours into the front cylinder, and have got it to the stage of being in primer.
    I certainly used a lot more wood back when I built the engine.
    I found the first piece of PVC I used on it.
    It makes the sparkplug boss directly under the all thread at the top of the cylinder.

It took a lot of block sanding to even up all of fins on the cylinder but well worth the effort.

It's still nice and warm here and should be right through the night, so I should be able to get a top coat on the cylinder before the morning.

There's still a ton of work to do on the rear cylinder but at least it's starting to look like an engine again.

Cheers
    Trev.

The early Fords were cool but not so much after WWII. Love hotrods like the Outlaw and ZZ Top's '32 (Exterminator?)

The Harley engine is coming along well. You can definitely see the improvement in your techniques shining through. Well done grasshopper.

This is turning into a heck of a change from the way the Harley originally appeared.
    I've got two coats on the cylinder and I'll give it a light sand before it's last.
    Then I'll need to mask it all off above the bottom fin and paint the base chrome.

I'll start on the rear cylinder today.
    Repair all the damage and then start bloke sanding it hopefully to match the front one.

Cheers
    Trev.

While sanding the rear cylinder I found that the fins under the carburettor intake had a different profile than that of the front cylinder.
    You can see in the picture below that compared to the fins of the cylinder on the right the ones on the left aren't the same.

The fins on the left cylinder marked with the red arrow are to pronounced, and the ones indicated with the green are to shallow.
    I don't know why I didn't see it the first time around, but now seemed a good time to fix it.

I took quite a bit off the fins at the top and used bodyfiller to make the lower ones larger.
    I gave the area a spray of primer to make it easier for me to compare the two sides.
    It was a fair bit of mucking around but in the end I think I've gotten the two sides looking a lot closer to mirroring each other.

I know the cylinders on a V Twin are never truly the same, but I'm a lot happier with them now!.
    Although you wouldn't believe it just looking at the pictures while putting this post together.
    The recess for the valve rod on the right cylinder needs to have it's leading edge made more rounded to match the left.

Lucky I held off on giving it another coat of paint.
    I'm not to sure about the silver fleck in it anyway, I'd like to try it with a flatter finish.
    So that works out well!.

Cheers
    Trev.

Beautiful work Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_1 View Post
    Crowie,

Go the "whole hog" and get it all done in black. It would look great !!!

Keith
    Yeah, a nice flat black with a 6-71 gimmy blower sticking out of the hood and one of those cattle dogs in the back. Then people wouldn't notice if you had shaved in the nuddy or not.

The engine is looking great so far Trev. I have always loved the Harley V-Twin set up on a bike.

Those old Ford T-buckets are still available as a kit car. Some of them actually have the wooden frame work with metal skin just like the originals. They are still one of the most popular body styles used for Hot Rods here in the US.

As for me, I'm more of a muscle car fan myself.
    He who blesses his neighbor in a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted as cursing!
    Videos I have made. Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/johnnie52/videos

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie52 View Post
    Yeah, a nice flat black with a 6-71 gimmy blower sticking out of the hood and one of those cattle dogs in the back. Then people wouldn't notice if you had shaved in the nuddy or not.

The engine is looking great so far Trev. I have always loved the Harley V-Twin set up on a bike.

Those old Ford T-buckets are still available as a kit car. Some of them actually have the wooden frame work with metal skin just like the originals. They are still one of the most popular body styles used for Hot Rods here in the US.

As for me, I'm more of a muscle car fan myself.
    Johnnie, The 6-71 were a beautiful sounding GM;
    but for the T Bucket to really motor,
    how about a 8-92T or even an 8-92TT which would give the driver almost 450HP of raw two stroke diesel power......

Always back to Trev's Harley, I hope he put a big bore kit in those new cylinders!!! looking good Trev, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie52 View Post
    The early Harley V-Twin is one of my favourites, but for looks I'd have to give it to J.A.P (a thing of Beauty).

I hope he put a big bore kit in those new cylinders!!! looking good Trev, Peter
    Sure did mate I used my biggest spade bit!

Cheers
    Trev.

Default found it

Mate ..... !

do you know I was getting the most serious shakes. Worst case of withdrawals. Could not hold the iPad still to search the forum. The follow thing you mentioned does not seem to be there. I looked through posts and threads and I could not find my Bro (brough) anywhere. I thought you had left

Then I decided to search your posts from your profile and I finally realised this 2/3 thing is not Indian.

So finally at long last I am here for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Mate ..... !

do you know I was getting the most serious shakes. Worst case of withdrawals. Could not hold the iPad still to search the forum. The follow thing you mentioned does not seem to be there. I looked through posts and threads and I could not find my Bro (brough) anywhere. I thought you had left

Then I decided to search your posts from your profile and I finally realised this 2/3 thing is not Indian.

So finally at long last I am here for the ride.
    I'm damn pleased about that Cowboy, I was starting to think you where ignoring me.
    The Brough's sitting in the wing at the moment, I wont confuse you by pointing out which wing it's in (Stage left or right).
    It's taking sometime to find enough detail on the bike to start the build.

So in the meantime I thought I'd revamp the Harley and bring it up to speed.
    It will take sometime to do but nowhere near the biblical proportions the Indian reached!.

There should be a Harley-Davidson for you to kick-start not to far down the track.

Cheers mate
    Trev.

Quote Originally Posted by Repliconics View Post
    While sanding the rear cylinder I found that the fins under the carburettor intake had a different profile than that of the front cylinder.
    You can see in the picture below that compared to the fins of the cylinder on the right the ones on the left aren't the same.

The fins on the left cylinder marked with the red arrow are to pronounced, and the ones indicated with the green are to shallow.
    I don't know why I didn't see it the first time around, but now seemed a good time to fix it.

I took quite a bit off the fins at the top and used bodyfiller to make the lower ones larger.
    I gave the area a spray of primer to make it easier for me to compare the two sides.
    It was a fair bit of mucking around but in the end I think I've gotten the two sides looking a lot closer to mirroring each other.

I know the cylinders on a V Twin are never truly the same, but I'm a lot happier with them now!.
    Although you wouldn't believe it just looking at the pictures while putting this post together.
    The recess for the valve rod on the right cylinder needs to have it's leading edge made more rounded to match the left.

Lucky I held off on giving it another coat of paint.
    I'm not to sure about the silver fleck in it anyway, I'd like to try it with a flatter finish.
    So that works out well!.

Cheers
    Trev.
    Good to see you are having an eye for detail here. We'd hate the fins not to be right

This thread is so much better when you go back and look at it with all the pics. Good thing the ap is up and running on my phone again

The serial # is that anything to do with your dad?

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Good to see you are having an eye for detail here. We'd hate the fins not to be right

This thread is so much better when you go back and look at it with all the pics. Good thing the ap is up and running on my phone again

The serial # is that anything to do with your dad?

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

"We'd hate the fins not to be right" Cheeky Bugger!!!!!!
    What's an ap? (that's a rhetorical question)
    The engine number's about a friend of mine.

Cheers mate
    Trev.

Johnnie, The 6-71 were a beautiful sounding GM;
    but for the T Bucket to really motor,
    how about a 8-92T or even an 8-92TT which would give the driver almost 450HP of raw two stroke diesel power......

Always back to Trev's Harley, I hope he put a big bore kit in those new cylinders!!! looking good Trev, Peter
    Wow! Hang any of those on a T-Bucket and all you'd need would be a set of wings to fly!

When I said to stick a 6-71 gimmy blower out of the hood, I was thinking more along the lines of beefing up any V-8 engine and having the blower (super charger) on top. Of course I was thinking of the only Australian movie that I've ever seen that stared a Falcon as the last of the V8 Interceptors...

I actually shed a tear when they blew that car up in the second movie.
    He who blesses his neighbor in a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted as cursing!
    Videos I have made. Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/johnnie52/videos

Not to worry Johnnie they didn't blow the real one up in the second film.
    Your beloved Interceptor is currently displayed guess where?
    The Dezer Car Museum in Miami Florida.

Cheers mate
    Trev.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast