Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Paul,

Looking great mate !

Good stuff

Keith

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Day 15 Finishing in off structure

Completed door Hinges ( Fiddly but fun to do), Lot easier than I thought but need magnifier.
    DSC00372.jpg

Foot stand, Rear tray & seat basic completed. Interior bracing done. Ready for sanding, staining & Leatherwork.
    Exterior moulding yet to be added.
    DSC00370.jpgDSC00375.jpgDSC00391.jpgDSC00392.jpg

Default Day 16-18 Slowing down on the pointy end

Hi
    Completed the main build. Now doing all the fiddly bits
    Luggage start out
    DSC00395.jpg
    Pre staining / Wood Sealing
    DSC00393.jpgDSC00394.jpg

Wheels first staining.
    DSC00396.jpgDSC00398.jpg

Had painted rims to get metal look but turned out terrible. Coated in black and then rubbed back. Much better
    Staining does not look great as did it on really hot day (Note to self do not do that again)

Spotted one of these on the Occre Model Site.
    mueble_trabajo_occre_01_1.jpgmueble_trabajo_occre_04 (1).jpg

Hoping to order. Also Noticed that the cost of models is significantly cheaper directly ordered from EU or GB. Even including shipping by FedEx.
    Anyone know of a lower cost supplier in AU for Occre / Amati kits. They are at a min double the cost than the overseas price.

See you next time

Hi Paul,

If you google Cornwall Model Boats - they may be able to assist

Regards

Keith

Default Re Cornwall sugestion

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_1 View Post
    Hi Paul,

If you google Cornwall Model Boats - they may be able to assist

Regards

Keith
    Hi Keith
    Its actually works out at $50 dearer once I factor in Exchange rates for the Pound.Buying direct from Occre is cheaper but the freight by Fedex is higher ( 68 pound from Cornwall vs 98 EUR from Occre in Spain.
    I also factored in the Rocket train engine model & The Albatross as my first boat model All up it come in at either $403 delivered from Occre or $452 from Cornwall , still a lot cheaper than local pricing of $189 for the Rocket & $190 for the Albatross, not including the Work Bench.
    Ocre cost are 63, 87 & 43 Eur each for the same.

Was hoping for a local distributor in AU that is less painful on the pocket.

Appreciate the suggestions.

Hi Paul,

Great to see another stagecoach...brings back memories....excellent work and narrative!

Cheers,

Jim

Default Tks still going

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    Hi Paul,

Great to see another stagecoach...brings back memories....excellent work and narrative!

Cheers,

Jim
    Many tks Jim.

will update with new progress shortly. Have stained it with Walnut but not sure about result yet. Your guide was invaluable.
    Doing the Rocket from Occre next, then the Albtross my first ship. I was surprised how much fun it was and forgiving compared to Tamiya Models ( You thing these instructions are interesting, try Japanese with drawings as a suggestion.)

Many Thks for build effort & detail

Quote Originally Posted by paulv1958 View Post
    Many tks Jim.

will update with new progress shortly. Have stained it with Walnut but not sure about result yet. Your guide was invaluable.
    Doing the Rocket from Occre next, then the Albtross my first ship. I was surprised how much fun it was and forgiving compared to Tamiya Models ( You thing these instructions are interesting, try Japanese with drawings as a suggestion.)

Many Thks for build effort & detail
    My brother is a Tamiya builder... much more into planes and armor .....and yes....the build info on the stagecoach is much easier to use!

I'll confess that I am currently in the middle of building the BR-18 Steam Locomotive from OcCre. It is another fantastic kit. My excuse for no build log has to do with my camera failure (have now acquired another one), winter guests and a remodeled hobby room.
    This kit is much more metal than i have experienced. I'm going to have to form and route all the piping out of copper wire of various thicknesses. The short runs on the boiler control face were tough enough. The long runs are going to be a real challenge.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Jim

Default Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Script View Post
    My brother is a Tamiya builder... much more into planes and armor .....and yes....the build info on the stagecoach is much easier to use!

I'll confess that I am currently in the middle of building the BR-18 Steam Locomotive from OcCre. It is another fantastic kit. My excuse for no build log has to do with my camera failure (have now acquired another one), winter guests and a remodeled hobby room.
    This kit is much more metal than i have experienced. I'm going to have to form and route all the piping out of copper wire of various thicknesses. The short runs on the boiler control face were tough enough. The long runs are going to be a real challenge.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Jim
    Would love to do the Jupiter from them as well as one of their trams. Only thing stopping me is the wife complaining about the money I would spend as it has to come from UK or OCCRE direct ( Expecting the the Rocket, workbench & ALbatros delivered this Friday.) and AU conversion rate is not great at present. Want to get either the Endeavour or the Diana as well.... I may not live to do them when she finds out. As the ship is her name I'm hoping she thinks I thought of her....

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

I received the "Rocket" from the UK a couple of weeks ago. I think you will be happy with the detail.

I am going to draw up all the components to then make a 1/5th scale version from my own materials. I will have a lot of detailed drawings down the track for anyone who wants them (note that Trev).

I reckon your stagecoach looks terrific - great work and look forward to your next models.

Great Stuff !!

Regards

Keith

Default Day 18,19 20 onwards. Slowing down at bit

I stained the coach with walnut and painted out the interior with back.
    DSC00424.jpgDSC00425.jpgDSC00426.jpg

Then I left it and go to work on the Seating and Luggage. Glued poly & fittings direct to Imitation Leather with Bostic Glue
    This caused an issued in that it made the leather bubble. Luckily when the glue dried the bubbling went away but I had a panic at first.
    Additionally the CA / Super Glue reacted with the leather & Poly and it gave off lots of heat.
    I thought that it was going to ignite at one stage.
    Eventually all worked out.
    DSC01314.jpgDSC01315.jpgDSC01316.jpgDSC01320.jpgDSC01321.jpg
    MY order from Occre in Spain arrived today. I will post some pics of the work bench / Video when I get the chance.

Default Luggage & descisions

Hmm On to the luggage.
    Fiddly bits
    Confusing instructions. Fake paper leather looked awful so painted over.
    Also there was no clear indication as to what to used for the straps. The paper fake leather or the vinyl fake leather.
    Ended up selecting the vinyl fake leather and then painting out.

Also painted over the fake paper leather on the trunk as it looked stupid to me for the paper insets.

Almost complete except for guns, decals deco's & final sealing. Have to yet make sacks & stain / paint / Seal Barrels
    DSC01325.jpgDSC01412.jpgDSC01414.jpgDSC01415.jpgDSC01416.jpgDSC01418.jpgDSC01420.jpg

Default Nearly there part 1

Guns completed, Barrels Stained & roped
    Decals Applied.

On her back for the sub assembly connections.
    DSC01421.jpgDSC01424.jpgDSC01425.jpgDSC01426.jpg

Default Nealy there part 2 Plus

Okay on to the final bits. Brass fittings placed on Suspension
    Sealed & finished outer shell & decals
    Window coverings commenced.
    Could not roll & tie off neatly without crushing linen so put around dowel & cut to fit.

DSC01429.jpgDSC01430.jpgDSC01433.jpgDSC01434.jpg
    Preview of new goodies to do next.

DSC01431.jpg
    Occre Workbench ( top Box ) will replace my old ( well 2 month old ) hardboard 900 X 1200 work bench.....
    DSC01432.jpg
    Will unpack soon, but holding off with great control till I finish coach..

Thumbs up

Thanks for that love to see work in progress. Makes you realise how much time and effort goes into these things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast