Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The second attempt at this post, I hope the first one disappeared entirely. I would look at getting a house swap for an extended period of time. Many have returned and many have come back far wiser but poorer and had to start again. Doing a house swap would be the least disruptive way with the opportunity to fully assess whether you make it permanent or not.
    CHRIS

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hello Steamingbill,

In relation to your OP, there is a small article in today's Sydney Morning Herald, page 8 of money section.

This specifically relates to UK -> Aus transfers, but mention is made of one Simon Harvey, of BDH Sterling "which provides cross-border financial advice" and "is licensed in Australia and the UK".

Might this be a possible initial port of call for financial planning in relation to your proposed move?

I haven't done a search on this outfit, just found the reference in the SMH.

Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markkr View Post
    Hello Steamingbill,

In relation to your OP, there is a small article in today's Sydney Morning Herald, page 8 of money section.

This specifically relates to UK -> Aus transfers, but mention is made of one Simon Harvey, of BDH Sterling "which provides cross-border financial advice" and "is licensed in Australia and the UK".

Might this be a possible initial port of call for financial planning in relation to your proposed move?

I haven't done a search on this outfit, just found the reference in the SMH.

Cheers,

Mark
    Thanks Mark,

Have been in touch with them and they have referred my questions to one of their UK tax consultants.

Bill

If you're not resident in Australia and running an SMSF then there are tax and compliance implications that need to be considered. I you're not resident then I believe you need to have someone who' resident as designated trustee of the SMSF.

Living in UK off a credit card being paid off in Australia. Might work but this is something the ATO target when monitoring tax dodgers and I'd say the British Tax Office would be doing the same..
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo View Post

Living in UK off a credit card being paid off in Australia. Might work but this is something the ATO target when monitoring tax dodgers and I'd say the British Tax Office would be doing the same..
    If you declare everything it should not be a problem.....maybe, seek advice from those who know.
    CHRIS

Default spin, baby, spin...

From a tools perspective, you'll need to replace your drills, drill bits and router bits as they all spin the other way in the northern hemisphere.

Bit of a bummer having to rebuy them all again.

Think Tassie again, clean air, relatively cheap housing, excellent timbers, everything is close, tools would ship easily to new location, good fishing, great beer, friendly people...
    Cheaper to get to than Scotland

Actually, I prefer NZ South Island, Hokitika on the West Coast, or Queenstown or Dunedin. Great places, magnificent scenery
    regards,

Dengy

Nah, I spent five years living west coast and Queenstown, you are right about the scenery, some of the best in the world but the same can't be said about the people, I did not have a good experience and came away with only a few friends which is unusual. It is a better place to just visit once. I live in Gippsland now and love it, far better. Scotland sounds awesome though, stick with the plan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12