Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ive been going through the design and cost process as well, there is a NZ company that sell steppers on Trade-me but they are a bit small for our application

There are two Aussie suppliers on Ebay who import from China and sell in Aus eg The cupcake guy. Both of them don't supply outside Aus, so you need a relly or friend to on-send it and freight will be high.

Beside fleabay there is Ali Express which is like a Chinese Trade-me, they have everything imaginable.

You can buy rails and bearings in all sizes and lengths, steppers individually or in packs, motors, collet sets VSd's etc.

Surprisingly for such a huge country I think there are only a few manufacturers but thousands of resellers.

I will buy Geko drives for mine but may use cheap Chinese to start with while I save for the Gekos.

Most Chinese drivers come with free Mach3, this is not pirate, Mach3 has a very limited number of lines of code, then you have buy the license (about $200-300) to get full use. I think, I'm sure someone will post if I'm not quite right here

Prices on Ali Express vary, if low then the freight is high, if high usually free freight.

Dont let the wife and kids see Ali Express otherwise your credit card will be maxed out and you'll never get your router.

There are suppliers for rail and linear bearings in NZ but they are very expensive but also very good quality. Same with steppers etc.

My hardest decisions have involved what size to go, and what size rails and bearings.

My machine will do smaller timber pieces but I primarily want to be able to machine Aluminum, a cross between a CNC Router and a CNC mill.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

If you want advice best to start your own thread. As for Mach 3, you can download it from the Mach 3 website for nothing (don't get it from China, get it from the manufacturer virus free) you can do up to 500 line of code in mode before needing a license.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadScratcher View Post
    Cant find the video but I do I have photo. See attached.
    Hi HS

Well done, can you post a few more pictures for us to see the front maybe etc. Thanks.

Thanks ST

Great notes - lol about credit card, "I reckon". Good feedback.

I'm thinking I will consider a smaller 1/2 full size dream version unless other wise funds permit. My ideal would be for a 1200 x 2400 panel of Ply to fit in however plenty will be able to be cut and experimented for the 1/2 size sheets.

Hey guys is there a thread from folks like (show us a Picture of your CNC machine) to help others get some idea how things could look and work? Kinda a "Brag Thread..."

Sorry guys couldn’t find one so .... I started (The Brag Thread) - Subscribe and lets see whats hiding in your little sheds!!

Chris out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12