Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Pallet Challenge For 2015

In 2013 we had a competition where members of the forum would make something out of a pallet. As a reminder here is the link for 2013 results as well as the 2011 one located in woodworking challenges sub-forum.

As it is 2015 this challenge will once again be taking place and I have been granted permission to organize.

The rules will pretty much be the same as was the case in the 2013 challenge. For a heads up please take a look at this link.

There is one thing that I did not do all too well in 2013 and that was the timing of the event start and closing date. I am thinking that it might be better suited to start on the 3rd or 4th week of June and finish on the 2nd or 3rd week of July. It would give people about three weeks to get their entry in.

I will also be looking for some sponsors of the challenge for prizes of first, second and third. And maybe another prize for most creative idea as voted by the members.

I guess by bringing up this discussion this early it will give people some ideas as what to create and also give them enough time to locate a pallet. Personally I think the hardest part of the pallet challenge was getting the pallet.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

For anyone in the Geelong area we usually have a few pallets kicking around.

Happy to donate any pallet that isn't plastic, man made wood or a blue Chep pallet.

Cheps have a bounty on them and have to be returned. Plastic and man made wood we keep to use for overseas orders (saves a fortune on fumigating).

Cheers - Neil

PS Don't just turn up. Ring me before you come 5248 3030 between 10:00 and 4:00pm Mon to Friday. If no answer leave a message and I will get back to you.

The last challenge there were a total of three anonymous judges. As I am organizing the challenge I do not qualify to be one of the judges as I would know the identity of the members entering the challenge.

I have one person willing to be a judge and I would like to have another two people.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

I have two volunteers that want to be judges. One more person required?

Just a general update on this.

We have three judges and two sponsors for prizes.

I hope you guys that are thinking of participating have some idea of what to create.

The registration of the 2015 Pallet Challenge is now open.

Please follow this link to read up on the rules and register.

Thank you

The 2015 pallet challenge has been open for registration for a little while now and so far we have the following members that have said they will try and create something from a pallet.

wireliner
    fletty
    labr@
    Priate323i
    fields
    Canoath
    shanesmith80
    coffenup
    Toymaker Len
    Eowyn

I hope that things are going well in getting a pallet and have ideas of what to create. This is also just a little reminder that there is little over two months left before the closing date (19th July 2015) for the pallet challenge. And believe me this can come about very quickly.

I for one am excited at the prospect of seeing some very interesting pieces created. If you are interested in registering please take a look at this link.

I would also like to thank our sponsors HagueH from Timbercon/Bench Standard. Ubeaut from U-Beaut Polishes and Anonymous forum member.