Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default At list I have something nice to say about Telstra

We have had no internet/landline for the last 4 weeks - luckily I have a broadband dongle which comes in hand in these situations.
    We have had these probs before and they have always been in the street or in the coms pit outside the house as we have a very old copper network in our area
    After much frustration I finally got my ISP (through which I also have the phone line) to understand the problem and lodge a call with Telstra.
    It took 3 days for them to come but the techo that came out was a goodun.

He spent a half hour in the street and in the coms pit but did not find a problem.
    He said to look inside the house there's a charge of $120 plus $15 every 15 minutes so I said yes.
    The house is 100 years old and the roof space is a spaghetti junction of cables, plus for historical reasons we have 7 phone connection points.
    It took him half an hour to find the problem/cable and eventually he was abel to get the first phone point working.
    He then said he would not charge me for what he had dome so far but he would have to charge me to reconnect any other phone points so I said thanks very much and left it at that.

NBN is weeks away (the residential connections are happening as I write this) so we might just live with the one phone point till then!

I think he appreciated that getting up into our roof space is easy because we have an attic with a drop down ladder and good lighting, and there is a small door way that leads direct from the side of the attic tino the roof space.
    BTW I also went up there came down with 20 m of black rubbery 2 core cable that was not connected to anything. The house was completely rewired some 20 years ago but very little of the wide range of wiring was taken out of the roof space so every time I go up I bring some of it down.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Bet it was dusty up there

Quote Originally Posted by Evanism View Post
    Bet it was dusty up there
    Yep - very!

At least I don't think they had Mr Fluffy in Perth.
    Hugh

Enough is enough, more than enough is too much.

Yep, wait for the NBN. My parents got hooked up a few weeks ago. Difference is like night and day.
    Semtex fixes all

I have something nice to say about Telstra, too - I haven't dealt with them in over a decade!!!!