Default Cattle breed identification

Hi, I am sure there are a few bushies out there who can help me identify the various breeds in the pics below. They were taken in the Killarney / Falls Drive mountainous area along the NSW / Qld border

P1300714_red.jpg
    Breed A

P1310034-red.jpg
    Breed B ( black) &C ( white) The Hereford I know

P1310283_red.jpgP1310284_red.jpg

Breed D. Put a hump on him and you would definitely have a Brahman, but not in this cold lush climate, surely?
    regards,

Dengy

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default The Breesa.

Hi Dengy,
    I'll have a go.
    Top one is I think a Murray Grey.
    Next, Hereford in the background, Blacks are Aberdeen Angus, Cream I don't know, & I think the Bottom Photo is of a Cholaris??.
    I'm only a Butchers Son, but that was a Loooong time ago.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Have Lathe, Wood Travel.

Top one is Murray Grey.

Second- Black Angus and the white cow looks like a Charolais

Third- I would say Brahman with those bid ears and frame. Does not have to live in tropical areas.

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments on these breeds.

I remembered a long lost cousin who is in the Shire horse breeding industry in Vic, but previously was in the charolais breeding in NSW many year ago. I have never seen a charolais before. I also sent him some additional photos of the animals. He reckons the following :

1. Looks like a Murray Grey steer.
    2. The blacks look like Angus and the white could be a Charolais type. Hereford also in that lot.
    3. This looks like a Charbray which is a Brahman/ Charolais Cross. This cow is obviously a pedigreed type with her green tags and brand on the rump.

Thanks for your comments on the Brahman being in the non-tropical areas. I was unaware of this. All I know of the Brahman is that they thrive in the harsher drier climates, and that they can easily clear a fence, so I keep well clear
    regards,

Dengy

When I came to the Tamworth area there was quite a number of Brahmans around it seemed to be the "fashion" you have just reminded me that there are very few of them around here now. People have mainly got into Angus. I think they get heavy quicker that some breeds. Not far away is a bloke who has some Long Horns. When you see them in a paddock it makes you look twice because they look different. They are not particularly a great looking animal but they are different. Further up the hill on the Moonbis' is a mob of Buffalo. I haven't seen them but they are said to look just like the Bison you see on American Westerns
    There are so many cross breeds around most of the time you can only guess the parentage
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Dengue View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks for your comments on these breeds.

I remembered a long lost cousin who is in the Shire horse breeding industry in Vic, but previously was in the charolais breeding in NSW many year ago. I have never seen a charolais before. I also sent him some additional photos of the animals. He reckons the following :

1. Looks like a Murray Grey steer.
    2. The blacks look like Angus and the white could be a Charolais type. Hereford also in that lot.
    3. This looks like a Charbray which is a Brahman/ Charolais Cross. This cow is obviously a pedigreed type with her green tags and brand on the rump.

Thanks for your comments on the Brahman being in the non-tropical areas. I was unaware of this. All I know of the Brahman is that they thrive in the harsher drier climates, and that they can easily clear a fence, so I keep well clear
    I would agree with your breed identifications. As for the pedigree, the brand and eartag are not marks of pedigree, just identification. The brand is the property and the eartag is the individual animal.

I knew there would be some cattlemen out there somewhere. Thanks for all your help, it has been an interesting exercise, and I have learned lots
    regards,

Dengy